• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW All Time XI Spinner

CW All Time XI Spinner

• Bishan Bedi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richie Benaud

• Lance Gibbs

• Anil Kumble

• Derek Underwood

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
The Wizards, the ones who weave spells on opposing batsmen and can take over the last day of a test match. Kindly vote for one of the following.

Bishan Bedi, Richie Benaud, Lance Gibbs, Clarrie Grimmett, Anil Kumble, Jim Laker, Muttiah Muralitharan, William O'Reilly, Derek Underwood, Shane Warne

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hedley Verity a better bowler than almost all of those listed, 'cept Warne of course, though that bloke is a ****, even by Australian standards

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voted O'Reilly just because I am bored of picking between Warne and Murali. That and he was ridiculously good.

Jager

International Debutant
Voted O'Reilly just because I am bored of picking between Warne and Murali. That and he was ridiculously good.
Agreed. From all accounts, he sounded like a ferocious competitor. Bradman regarded him as the best bowler he ever saw or played against.

smash84

The Tiger King
It's a pity that Murali gets overlooked because he didn't have that glamor and excitement that Warne had despite being more of a wicket taking machine.(I am guilty of this bias too mind)

weeman27bob

International Regular
Hedley Verity a better bowler than almost all of those listed, 'cept Warne of course, though that bloke is a ****, even by Australian standards
I've read quite a lot about Verity recently and he sounds like he deserves much higher praise than he gets.

Himannv

International Coach
Shane Warne is a better bowler because his craftyness gets him bucketloads of wickets and I like that!!

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Warne. Even if you contended that Murali was a better bowler, I think it's hard to put him over Warne due to Warne being able to hold a bat if need be and being a great slip fielder. I think he is better in all regards so it's a much easier choice for me.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Agreed. From all accounts, he sounded like a ferocious competitor. Bradman regarded him as the best bowler he ever saw or played against.
He was great, but he did bat in the uncovered and matted pitch era. I am not sure how he would have fared in the modern era. For this reason I always have Warne and Murali ahead. They were genuine freaks.

Yeah yeah :)

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
You're getting mellow in your old age, Ikki. :D

Also, is that Milton Friedman as your avatar?