• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW All Time XI Fast Bowlers

CW All Time XI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Will vote after the all - rounders are decided. :p

Hadlee/Pollock and some others from there, should probably be in this poll anyway.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Will vote after the all - rounders are decided. :p
Actually it seems it pretty much is already with Sobers and Imran.

Will go with Marshall and Ambrose here then to give a pretty good variation to the attack so far. Imran at 8 gives pretty good batting depth anyway.

Edit - Might have picked another combo on another day. So tough..

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah this is where I think it gets dodgy unfortunately. Really, really should be including Imran and Hadlee in this poll even if they're in the all-rounders bit as well.

Jager

International Debutant
'Feiry' Fred Trueman and Joel 'Big Bird' Garner. Fred because he has the best bowling action I've seen and could tear through teams on his day, for example his spells of 5/0 and 6/4. Couple that with his persona and you can hardly go wrong. Garner because he's equal to Ambrose but a little bit taller, therefore cooler. He will be the perfect partner to Trueman.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Yeah this is where I think it gets dodgy unfortunately. Really, really should be including Imran and Hadlee in this poll even if they're in the all-rounders bit as well.
Agreed. I would've liked to vote for Hadlee here.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
How does one go with anyone other than Marshall-Mcgrath? Not a confrontational post at all, just wondering what others would have to offer that those two wouldn't. Purely in terms of fast bowling chops i.e.

EDIT: Could have Ambrose in place of Mcgrath, I suppose.

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
How does one go with anyone other than Marshall-Mcgrath? Not a confrontational post at all, just wondering what others would have to offer that those two wouldn't. Purely in terms of fast bowling chops i.e.

EDIT: Could have Ambrose in place of Mcgrath, I suppose.
From what I recall, the official McGrath versus Ambrose thread lead to what was more or less a stalemate with around 60 votes each. It seems so far that these feelings have changed, but there is obviously plenty of votes left.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Strike that, went through as Marshall/Barnes. Would have picked Wasim to complement them.

My votes thus far:

Hutton
Hobbs
Bradman
Pollock
Worrell
Waugh
Gilchrist
Miller
Marshall
Barnes
-