• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW All-Time XI Middle Order

CW Alltime XI Middle Order

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
That celebrated contemporary did show his mettle in the WSC against great attacks.

I do however wonder why when it comes to the WSC people are willing to look at Richards' performances but hardly ever consider Lillee's.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Not pointing out holes in his record, Just putting a widely bandied about statement about his record againts the west indies in perspective.

uvelocity

International Coach
Yeah, it's all well and good pointing out holes in Gavaskar's record against the WI bowlers when there was a celebrated contemporary of his who didn't have to face them at all. Logic dictates that a higher standard of bowling attack will in all likelihood lower your batting average. It's just what's naturally expected. It isn't the huge revelation people constantly make it out to be.
Or alternatively the bowling attacks could suffer worse stats

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Not pointing out holes in his record, Just putting a widely bandied about statement about his record againts the west indies in perspective.
Curious as to why your votes in the poll are different from your selections in your signature.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
The selections in my signature are my actual teams, just wanted to change it up a bit to give some love to some under apreciated players. These players are rated in some instances just a hair below my actual selections and can change from day to day.This was only done after the poll winners were evident and that the respective votes wouldn't influence who won. There is one I am actually thinking of changing though which is Sutcliffe over Hutton for previously expressed reasons.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The Don, the Master Blaster and AB - because he deserves a vote just for being so ****ing awesome.

Jager

International Debutant
Personally, I am surprised that Hammond has managed to gather more votes than Pollock. No doubt Hammond was near-untouchable player of spin and medium pace bowling, but I have heard many stories of his fragile nature against fast bowling.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Personally, I am surprised that Hammond has managed to gather more votes than Pollock. No doubt Hammond was near-untouchable player of spin and medium pace bowling, but I have heard many stories of his fragile nature against fast bowling.
So have I. :thumbsup: for Pollock. Good to see he has got that many votes.

Last edited:

sachin200

U19 12th Man
That celebrated contemporary did show his mettle in the WSC against great attacks.

I do however wonder why when it comes to the WSC people are willing to look at Richards' performances but hardly ever consider Lillee's.
Would have been interesting had Lillee played WSC in subcontinent...
Surely nobody would have overlooked that :cool:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
This one can more or less be called as well. Bradman, Richards and Tendulkar taking up the 3, 4 and 5 positions. Second team would be Lara, Hammond and Pollock, not too shabby either.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
And unlike Richards didnt get to prove mis mettle in WSC or first class cricket abroad. Did play in a few rest of the world XI's though.