• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

God save our Queen...Advance Australia Fair

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Nobody cares. Do you think the Barmy Army and the Bay 13 crowd would actually sing this?:rolleyes:

Mr. P

Really? None of the ODI's I have been to have the anthem before them.:) Or maybe I just wasnt listening.:P

iamdavid

International Debutant
They've done it at every ODI or Test Ive ever been to , they even do it at tour games like the PM's XI.

Advance Australia Fair is not a bad song , but personally I would rather 'BLOKE' by Chris Franklin was made our national anthem.

Im sure the Bay 13 contingent wouldnt complain:lol: .

Linda

Have you heard the version of Advance Australia Fair to Working Class Man???! Its FANTASTIC! And it fits perfectly (yeah, go on try it out!)

I rekon the Bay 13 boys would go for it, too.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Do you think the NZ cricket team should do the haka? no....for some reason in cricket playing Advance Australia fair or Swing Low Sweet Chariot it just wouldn't go with the occassion.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Somehow I cant picture Stephen Fleming , Daniel Vettori or Nathan Astle doing the haka , it just doesnt seem right :lol:

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ should just send out Chris Cairns, Jacob Oram & Shane Bond to do the haka...at least they'd look intimidating.

Craig

World Traveller
Well Daryl Tuffey could never be dropped, as from what I know, he is the only Maori in the Black Caps and he would have to lead it.

Then again with Tama Canning getting picked he might stake a claim for it.

Can you imagine the haka at Lords? It just isnt cricket :D :lol:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Craig said:
Can you imagine the haka at Lords? It just isnt cricket :D :lol:

Dont get me started on that place....

Is God save the queen the only anthem that changes every so often??? (when we get a king)

And I'd much rather we had Jerusalem.....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Dont get me started on that place....

Is God save the queen the only anthem that changes every so often??? (when we get a king)

And I'd much rather we had Jerusalem.....
I don't want either. Don't like blatant religious references in National Anthems when we're hardly a devout country. Would prefer Land of Hope and Glory.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
NZ should just send out Chris Cairns, Jacob Oram & Shane Bond to do the haka...at least they'd look intimidating.
Unlike the NZ side before the semi final 10 days ago...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah nice slap in the face there Marc, I don't want this to turn into a slagging match but i'll fire a return shot.

3 months ago NZ won the U21 World Cup, where did England finish? 7th..they lost to Wales in a 6th place playoff.
Enjoy it while it lasts, England were the best team at this years World Cup but it'll be tough going once you're older players leave.