• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clive woodward to coach England ??

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
jamesryfler said:
Apparently Clive wishes to coach the English cricket team.

Why not indeed ????
No, it was the England conkers team. He felt they had more potential.

Why do people fall for 'stories' like this?

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
After the way the English won the Rugby, maybe it will be the only chance they have of getting the Ashes from the Aussies!!:P

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Coaching cricket is totally different to coaching cricket, i'd like to see him try it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim said:
Coaching cricket is totally different to coaching cricket, i'd like to see him try it.
I agree. As similar as the game of cricket is to the game of cricket, coaching the two is a much different challenge.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
d'oh, I seem to do this quite often lol.

But you probably figured out that one of those 'crickets' was meant to be 'rugby'.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Eyes_Only said:
After the way the English won the Rugby, maybe it will be the only chance they have of getting the Ashes from the Aussies!!:P
Maybe they'll try n gang tackle our batsmen as he's running down the wicket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Re: Re: Clive woodward to coach England ??

luckyeddie said:
No, it was the England conkers team. He felt they had more potential.

Why do people fall for 'stories' like this?
What... the conkers team had more potential than the cricketers at cricket?
Or at conkers?
Never knew there was an England conkers team... have to get my brother into that...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Same story in the papaer this weekend about the Football team.

It's been misreported from a WCM article.

raju

School Boy/Girl Captain
Eyes_Only said:
The only other chance is if Peter Reid coaches the Australian cricket team...then the English are shoe in next time the Ashes are contested.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
as i posted in the other forum kerry O'Keeffe said on the fat

if Clive woodward coached the english cricket team they would try and win test matches without taking any wickets

on the tackling thing - i would love to see any of them 1 vs 1 takle Hayden

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Eyes_Only said:
What, by continually squandering great opportunities, and having to rely on a last minute extra time drop goal. England got lucky. They should had that game wrapped up in normal time without any doubt about the result!!!!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
age_master said:
if Clive woodward coached the english cricket team they would try and win test matches without taking any wickets
You mean like we won the World Cup without scoring tries?

Still bitter? ;)