• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If ODIs had never existed....

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia weren't really dominant until the late 90s till about 2009

From the late 70s to early 90s the WI ruled the roost in ODIs
Aside from a cumulative period of less than ten years, the best teams in the world since WW2 have either been Australian or West Indian, in both tests and then ODIs as well. It's only the format which least resembles "real" cricket in which Australia has not been top of the pops.

Australia mostly dominated between the wars as well, in the only format then available.

History would suggest I'm not mistaken here.

Burgey

No, this is true.

It's just I'm saying that had T20 been the dominant format of the game, I don't have much doubt that those two teams would mostly have dominated it, because historically they've had the best players/ teams in the other formats.

smash84

The Tiger King
Aside from a cumulative period of less than ten years, the best teams in the world since WW2 have either been Australian or West Indian, in both tests and then ODIs as well. It's only the format which least resembles "real" cricket in which Australia has not been top of the pops.

Australia mostly dominated between the wars as well, in the only format then available.

History would suggest I'm not mistaken here.
You aren't exactly disagree with him there. :p
lol.....yeah....

maybe we should replace the term Cevnoing with Burgeying :p

Burgey

I don't see what's so controversial about the notion that if one format of the game hadn't existed, the likelihood is the team(s) which had the best players during those eras would have dominated that format.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't see what's so controversial about the notion that if one format of the game hadn't existed, the likelihood is the team(s) which had the best players during those eras would have dominated that format.
It's not controversial.