• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wearing a sweatband for batting

Debris

International 12th Man
That's what I'm basically saying mate - it's not magic.

Or are you telling me that someone who rarely plays sport/stretches/does any physical activity is going to be miraculously saved from injury by a pair of tight pants and a shirt?

My mate played cricket before these things were invented and got injured reasonably regularly. He now plays cricket wearing this gear, and gets injured reasonably regularly. They do help, I'm not saying they don't. But they're not like a Harry Potter spell. I think there's a danger in believing you can wear this stuff and it'll protect you from injury without any effort on your own behalf.

I never wore them ever, and I rarely got injured at all. There are other things at play besides the gear you wear.
I think we are in violent agreement here. There are other factors which have a much greater bearing on whether you get injured than these. I would agree with that.