Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricketers whose game styles and techniques you like but personalities you dislike.

U19 12th Man

Cricketers whose game styles and techniques you like but personalities you dislike.

Self explanatory. I would go for 2 Shane's, Warne and Watson, and 3 Mohammads, Yousuf, Asif and Amir.

Warne comes across like too much of an attention seeker., but I especially don't like the way how he sometimes has a go at people for not upholding the spirit of the game, when he didn't exactly behave well himself. Also makes sly comments against players who have done nothing wrong, like Murali, Steve Waugh and Gilchrist. But a beautiful bowler to watch, and always has everyone on the edge of their seat.

Watson is just too aggressive on field. Always looks like he will have a tantrum, and gives way too many send offs to players he should be respecting. But a quality all round package, good enough in my opinion to hold his place in most sides with bat or ball. Enjoy his bowling variety as well as that ability when he bats to look like he can hit any ball for 6, but also look compact.

Amir---bowling a treat to watch, spot fixed and then trying to make excuses even now. Doesnt really seem too sorry about it.

Asif--ditto Amir, but much worse personality. One of the shadiest cricketers I've seen, there was always something strongly dislikeable about him, and he was always linked to some kind of controversy on and off field. As good to watch bowling as Amir.

Yousuf--always arguing for what seems like petty reasons. A magnet for trouble and team disunity. But such a stylish and classy player, his legacy has directly been affected by his attitude problem. Had he been "normal" we may have seen him play 30-40 more tests and enter conversations with the top tier of batsman. Effectively a more controversial version of Jayawardene.

Whole heartily agree on Watson, he really comes across as a spoiled brat. I'm sure many would suggest KP (definitely not me though). I'm going to strongly disagree with Warne though, he seems like a great bloke from everything I have seen. Broad is my nomination, he falls into the brat category for me- I especially dislike his habit of running twenty metres in celebration before even appealing.
    Oh for a strong arm and a walking stick

Interesting.. some names off top of my head .KP, Warne, Afridi

Jesse Ryder

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    oh you know, most of them
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Shaun Pollock

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    You will never know that Jesus is all you need until Jesus is all you have got

Akthar
    When asked what the IPL means for seasoned pros like him, Dravid smiled and neatly deflected the question: it is a different world altogether, he said. "The other day I walked the ramp as part of a promotional event. When I started my career, I never imagined this would be part of a cricketer's life!"

Michael Clarke.

Love his batting, his captaincy, his fielding (when the ball's to his left), his golden arm.

But he's way too media trained and gives the most boring interviews, speaks a lot without revealing much. I get the impression that he cares too much about what people think or say about him.

Swann

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    KP.
    used to dislike him. Still do a bit, but moved up quite a few rungs when there were floods around last year and he did some fundraising.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnr. View Post
    Michael Clarke.
    Moved up so far he needs to murder someone to get back down to everyone else's level in my eyes. WAG
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Swann
    You don't like Swanny?!

Simon Champion!
    Ricky Ponting.

Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Shaun Pollock
    Why?

Dale Steyn
    Warney
    Matt Hayden

Ntini is the opposite.

Ftr, most guys I don't like off the field automatically get disliked by me on the field eg SRT, Kohli, Ponting, Boucher.
    @CowsCorner - 202 followers and counting!

Disclaimer: I am a biased South African. Anything I say is likely to have something in it that ultimately favours the Proteas.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Virat Kohli fits in here
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information