• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers whose game styles and techniques you like but personalities you dislike.

Cricketismylife

U19 12th Man
Self explanatory. I would go for 2 Shane's, Warne and Watson, and 3 Mohammads, Yousuf, Asif and Amir.

Warne comes across like too much of an attention seeker., but I especially don't like the way how he sometimes has a go at people for not upholding the spirit of the game, when he didn't exactly behave well himself. Also makes sly comments against players who have done nothing wrong, like Murali, Steve Waugh and Gilchrist. But a beautiful bowler to watch, and always has everyone on the edge of their seat.

Watson is just too aggressive on field. Always looks like he will have a tantrum, and gives way too many send offs to players he should be respecting. But a quality all round package, good enough in my opinion to hold his place in most sides with bat or ball. Enjoy his bowling variety as well as that ability when he bats to look like he can hit any ball for 6, but also look compact.

Amir---bowling a treat to watch, spot fixed and then trying to make excuses even now. Doesnt really seem too sorry about it.

Asif--ditto Amir, but much worse personality. One of the shadiest cricketers I've seen, there was always something strongly dislikeable about him, and he was always linked to some kind of controversy on and off field. As good to watch bowling as Amir.

Yousuf--always arguing for what seems like petty reasons. A magnet for trouble and team disunity. But such a stylish and classy player, his legacy has directly been affected by his attitude problem. Had he been "normal" we may have seen him play 30-40 more tests and enter conversations with the top tier of batsman. Effectively a more controversial version of Jayawardene.

Jager

International Debutant
Whole heartily agree on Watson, he really comes across as a spoiled brat. I'm sure many would suggest KP (definitely not me though). I'm going to strongly disagree with Warne though, he seems like a great bloke from everything I have seen. Broad is my nomination, he falls into the brat category for me- I especially dislike his habit of running twenty metres in celebration before even appealing.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You will never know that Jesus is all you need until Jesus is all you have got

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Michael Clarke.

Love his batting, his captaincy, his fielding (when the ball's to his left), his golden arm.

But he's way too media trained and gives the most boring interviews, speaks a lot without revealing much. I get the impression that he cares too much about what people think or say about him.

Jager

International Debutant
Kohli is the perfect example actually, has no control over himself and gets stupidly riled by the crowd/sledging but can play like a genius.

salman85

International Debutant
Gambhir.

Fantastic player.But a **** otherwise.Acts like Mr.tough.I actually hope someone whacks his 5 foot frame into the pitch oneday.