• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketers whose game styles and techniques you like but personalities you dislike.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Shaun Pollock was always a likeable character for me.

Michael Clarke, Virat Kohli, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Asif to add to Ricky Ponting earlier. Dislike Kumar Sangakkara and Jacques Kallis too, but to a lesser degree.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Just searched for his account. Is that Legit ? Don't see anything to dislike personally tbh. Mostly postive thoughts.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What's the deal with Shaun Pollock's tweets? Had a brief look and it seems its mainly motivational quotes?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Kohli, Watson's bowling, Mohammad Yousuf, Inzamam, Darren Gough, James Pattinson.

That commentary garbage Pattinson did, along with his excessive appealing and generally being a **** makes me hate the guy. Pretty decent bowler though.

Would also mention Michael Beer, but that would involve me liking his bowling...

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Would've said Tim Southee, though his bowling has turned to **** so he's not really valid.

Watson, Warne, and Ponting would be the big three, isn't it funny how they're all Aussies?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Kohli and Watson are perfect poster boys for this thread I would have thought.

I strongly believe Kohli has been put on this Earth to make me realise how much of a hypocrite I was with Watson.

Loved Watson the cricketer, but hated the bloke as he was a whinging wanker. Would always argue with DCYE about how he could be a fan of such a dickhead cricketer, no matter how awesome he was to watch.

And then circa 2008 the ***y Kohli caught my attention. Little did I know by 2010/11 he would be establishing himself as one of the biggest whinging wankers in professional sports, and yet I still loved him.

Humble pie for me. But humble pie I am happy to eat for such a great man like Kohli.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh I think I get it, as I said I haven't seen many Pollock tweets but on top of motivational quotes he tweets religious/bible quotes?

Or does he go further and make religious nutcase tweets?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i don't think it's really that bad tbf. But I can see how Howe and PEWS, who are well known god haters, could find it annoying

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's not so much the religious aspect I dislike as the sanctimonious, self-contractictory drivel aspect that those sort of statements end up with.