• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Most Glamorous Cricket Of Them All?

salman85

International Debutant
None of these current players have the kind of glamour attached with the likes of Imran and Miller.Those guys had larger than life personas,elegance,yet controlled showmanship and a lifestyle outside of cricket than tabloids loved capturing.These new kids don't have the same glamour.It's only pointless showmanship based on lesser talent,aided by a more vibrant media than before.

I once remember hearing a Tony Cozier interview.He spoke of an incident where the West Indies team was on tour.An American woman was on the same flight,and judging by the tall physique of the players she asked "Are you basketball players?".Andy Roberts was in the squad and he replied "No.We are Cricketers" to which the Woman's eyes lit up and she asked "Where is Imran Khan?"

THIS is glamour.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Besides Miller and Imran, Warne comes to mind. He has a larger than life persona to him. There's also King Viv who has the "I'm the coolest, most bad ass dude in the room and you know it" vibe going for him.

Teja.

Global Moderator
If this is about good-looking cricketers, It's almost unfair to compare anyone to Steven Finn.

Will turn out to have an awesome test career too IMO.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Compton a top shout. Miller too.

There's this picture of Miller getting out of a cab in London on an Ashes tour and he's in a tuxedo going to some swanky do. Movie star looks.

And Princess Margaret apparently thought so too.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Kohli - combines the toughness of Allan Border, with the *** appeal of Imran Khan and the glamour of Shane Warne.

Jager

International Debutant

There's this picture of Miller getting out of a cab in London on an Ashes tour and he's in a tuxedo going to some swanky do. Movie star looks.

I haven't had any luck finding it- could you link it if you can?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Besides Miller and Imran, Warne comes to mind. He has a larger than life persona to him. There's also King Viv who has the "I'm the coolest, most bad ass dude in the room and you know it" vibe going for him.
Would say Imran and Miller are like golden-age Hollywood stars whereas Warne is more like a reality TV star. I wonder what you mean by glamour then.

Got the pic?

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Viv in his prime was pretty good too

and nobody has been more muscular in cricket (with the possible exception of Matthew Hayden?)