• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW50 2nd Edition - No 04

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Beacause you must. Even if it is just a part time bowler and not a full time allrounder, at some point the frontline bowlers will need a rest, or the attack a change of pace. In the last aussie/wi test Watson, Clarke and Hussey turned their arms over and the pressence of Watson and Ramnarine helped influence the team selection in this second test. To me it is required. Just my two cents.
Wasn't required by Australia between 95-08 tbf, or by the West Indies in the 70s and 80s.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Wasn't required by Australia between 95-08 tbf, or by the West Indies in the 70s and 80s.
Had guys like Mark Waugh, Steve Waugh and Viv Richards at various stages to "roll the arm over" and get through a couple of overs. I think that's what kyear2 is getting towards, more than a few others who seem to want someone as good as Imran as a fifth bowler.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had guys like Mark Waugh, Steve Waugh and Viv Richards at various stages to "roll the arm over" and get through a couple of overs. I think that's what kyear2 is getting towards, more than a few others who seem to want someone as good as Imran as a fifth bowler.
Oh for sure. But I mean every team has had what are now called "part timers". They just used to be called "partnership breakers". Just don't think you have to have five front line standard bowlers to be a great side. if you do, it's a bonus, mind.

smash84

The Tiger King
awta......

heck Australia would skittle line ups with just Warne and McGrath let alone 2 more bowlers of the same calibre

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah, stems from Flintoff more or less, and I blame a lot of our middle order instability up until now for it.