• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Sami vs Ishant Sharma

Who is the better bowler

• Total voters

smash84

The Tiger King
Since Hurricane brought up the mention of Ishant Sharma on CW50 thread and Sami's name coming up in another thread I was wondering who is the better bowler of the two?

It's a genuine question

Last edited:

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Assuming that it's tests, Sharma obviously. ODIs, Sami by a fair distance.

Overall, I'd still say Sharma.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Not afraid to say I am a big Sami fan. Think he is far better than how he'll be remembered. Still holding out hope for a triumphant international return tbh.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
The Malcolm Marshall of the 2000's certainly had the most potential in his time.
Sadly, either it was his brain or lack of proper coaching and probably lack of luck as well which ruined his career.

I still believe he should be ahead of the likes of Aizaz Cheema :\

Himannv

International Coach
Voted for Sami here but I admit I'm a bit biased towards him since I'm a fan. Just love watching him bowl and always tend to hope he'll do well. I think he's still pretty good in limited over games.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
His poor Test record never made much sense to me. Granted I didn't watch whole days of Pakistan cricket in those days (:)) but was he really that much of a scattergun? You'd think someone who moves the ball at his pace would get at least wickets at an average of 40-45.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
He didn't always move the ball, and he didn't always bowl with much pace. If you've only ever seen him on a good day then it's no wonder you'd think he was better than an average of 51, because he did bowl genuinely well on occasion. The reality is he bowled genuine **** most of the time though.

Last edited:

Satguru

Banned
Sami had periods when he bowled damn well, and didnt get what he deserved, but he was absolute ****e for the majority of his career.

Its not really that tough for me... as bad as Ishant is now, he did produce some damn good spells, and more importantly a couple of very good match winning performances a couple of years back. Was quality for a good stretch and lots of people genuinely believed he would be world-class. Pity :(

Ishant>>>Sami