• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone up for making a new draft?

slowfinger

International Debutant
Hey guys its been 2 or 3 years since i last tried one of these... marc FTW! Haha anyone got the time to set up a new one!!??

Eds

International Debutant
I may have a decent idea but there are a few going on at the moment so best to wait until they're finished.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah best to wait until at least the Quiz one is over. I won't be running anything until the Auction one finishes as I intend to do it on an Auction basis again.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Would anyone be interested in starting a quiz draft, where the quiz questions are under various different subjects and not just cricket. I would have done it but I don't get much time during the weekdays.

However I will have time after June so if no one steps up, will do it then.

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Do love a draft - up for participation but can't spare the time to help run it, sorry

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am not getting many ideas yet for the draft though.. Trying to see if we can get something to start up a draft.. I have wanted to run a draft for a long time now.

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I am not getting many ideas yet for the draft though.. Trying to see if we can get something to start up a draft.. I have wanted to run a draft for a long time now.
I was thinking of a quiz draft where each person involves submits a question at least for the first round and once the order is set, it rotates throughout the process where The person who picks last in the first round starts the second round first and drops a position each round. This way there doesn't have to be any one person in charge and the drsft flows each round.

Let me know what you guys think, or how it could be tweaked.

I would also be interested though in joining any up coming draft.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I was thinking of a quiz draft where each person involves submits a question at least for the first round and once the order is set, it rotates throughout the process where The person who picks last in the first round starts the second round first and drops a position each round. This way there doesn't have to be any one person in charge and the drsft flows each round.

Let me know what you guys think, or how it could be tweaked.

I would also be interested though in joining any up coming draft.
Think it leaves it open for a lot of maneuvering though, doesn't it?

smash84

The Tiger King
I have an idea for a military draft. Everyone will be forced to make a pick :ph34r:

Last edited:

Jager

International Debutant
I am keen for a draft for sure. If there is a format everyone is keen on, I will give running it a shot, too.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Got a couple of ideas. One of these is an auction varient of the Random Player Draft I organised a while back. My other idea is a super draft split where eight teams are made using players from one country (apart from one round which will be Sri Lanka + Zimbabwe + Bangladesh round) with each of the eight teams being ranked by forum votes and then an overall ranking being determined by average rank across the eight seperate country sides.

Jager

International Debutant
A trivia draft is a cool idea imo, I've got a decent list of questions I wrote myself (not sure how good they will be!) that I can use

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think novelty drafts will generally get a better response after it's been a while since the last variant of that draft. That is to say, with a the inaugural Quiz draft just about to finish and an Auction draft still running, it may be best for any quiz or auction based drafts to be put towards the back of the queue.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What's a novelty draft?
A draft that has a novelty aspect to it, like a quiz, an auction or a scorecard search.

His point was that we've just had an auction draft and a quiz draft, so it'd probably be best to wait a while before doing one of those again.