• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone up for making a new draft?

Jager

International Debutant
Ah okay, thanks. I thought he might mean that the participants make funny teams (fat, bearded, worst XIs). So what should we do?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Hands off my trivia draft idea Jager. I shall be doing that in July (hopefully), once I am free. So it will be some time after this cricket quiz draft has finished and therefore might generate more interest.

I was also thinking about a White sheep draft. :D

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
How about something like a appearances draft, where each player is alloted FC appearances and has to pick his 11 players who combined shouldn't have played more than those FC matches. Can that work ?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Worst XI draft. Players are eligible if they played 10 tests or more. Try to select the worst team.

Last edited:

weeman27bob

International Regular
How about something like a appearances draft, where each player is alloted FC appearances and has to pick his 11 players who combined shouldn't have played more than those FC matches. Can that work ?
Worst XI draft. Players are eligible if they played 10 tests or more. Try to select the worst team.
Like both of these ideas. Although 10 seems a bit few perhaps?

weeman27bob

International Regular
I like the FC idea more than the worst XI idea
I think there's definitely more thought required in it.

Obviously it'll require a bit more effort to set up though, because you've got to figure out the right number of appearances.

Jager

International Debutant
I think there's definitely more thought required in it.

Obviously it'll require a bit more effort to set up though, because you've got to figure out the right number of appearances.
So, for example, we could say that 1000 FC appearances is the maximum for all of your squad? Then, a player such as Hobbs becomes very expensive?

weeman27bob

International Regular
So, for example, we could say that 1000 FC appearances is the maximum for all of your squad? Then, a player such as Hobbs becomes very expensive?
Depends on the quality of the sides you want really. That only leaves you on average 90 appearances per player, which isn't very many.

Eds

International Debutant
I was thinking of a draft that considers a player's whole career, where you really have to decide whether picking someone who peaked for a year or so is better than someone who's consistently performed. Or whether you need a variation for best results. Trying to decide the finer details at the moment.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Depends on the quality of the sides you want really. That only leaves you on average 90 appearances per player, which isn't very many.
Excellent idea for a draft. I would probably make it 1500 FC first class appearances and have a maximum of say 2 or 3 current players to prevent people from going for current young players who have started their careers well.

Jager

International Debutant
Although I have to say it'd be a shame that lots of the golden oldies would be left out, since they played such a huge amount of FC games.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Whats wrong with a normal rotation draft, where first round is dictated by either a quiz or who signed up first and every slides up one position each round.