• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW50 2nd Edition - No 10

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If I had to rate the top 15 quicks of all time :

1. Barnes
2. McGrath
3. Hadlee
4. Marshall
5. Imran
6. Ambrose
7. Wasim
8. Garner
9. Donald
10.Waqar
11.Steyn
12.Andy Roberts
13. Pollock
14. Walsh
15. Lillee
Seriously? Below Pollock? Steyn? Come on now. Even if you don't rate him as high as his contemporaries do, there's no way he'd be all the way down to #15.

+1

Over did it at times (most)
Meh, so did Lillee...and Warne. Got them a few wickets. Nothing wrong with it. If you're going to appeal, you might as well appeal like you actually mean it. I don't get the half-hearted appeal business. As a bowler, just like as an umpire, sometimes you may think someone is out when they aren't, or vice versa, so if you think there is a chance the batsman is out, you should appeal as hard as you can, and let the guy who is paid to do it, make his decision.

Sparkley

Banned
@silentstriker : My opinion of him may be influenced by the fact that I never really liked him when he played. I'm also what some may call a 'spreadsheet lover'. I give more importance to numbers than most, perhaps. Of course, context mustn't be ignored but I'd take a player with a more rounded record every day of the week. As aforesaid, atg bowler, but I don't rate him as highly as 95 percent of the people do. That said, it's pretty close between virtually every name in that list of fifteen, as you'd expect in a list of atgs.

bagapath

International Captain
marshall
mcgrath
hadlee
lillee
imran

should be the top 5 fast bowlers of all time in any order, though i personally prefer the one i have got above

bagapath

International Captain
so who are going to be the top 9? i missed out on this one. been out of touch with civilization for more than a month. will it be bradman, sobers, warne, richards, tendulkar, imran, murali, marshall and hadlee?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
so who are going to be the top 9? i missed out on this one. been out of touch with civilization for more than a month. will it be bradman, sobers, warne, richards, tendulkar, imran, murali, marshall and hadlee?
Yeah those are the blokes.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Making an uncivilized movie, were you? :p

Yes, those 9...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Has Viv Richards been ranked in this yet? Him being above Hobbs seems somewhat off to me.
Yeah, replace Viv and Warne in top 9 with Hobbs and Barnes...and that is a top 9 I would very much love...

This is CW's opinion though, and I respect that.

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah man was hoping you will send in your vote considering that you were the one who actually first introduced me to these threads first conducted by The Sean :p