• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW50 2nd Edition (aka WWIII) - No 11 - 12

smash84

The Tiger King
They both say the same thing, and if they dont to you, thats how it was intended. You are just obsessing over my posts now.

Waht I meant and said was that I am going primarily on writers and players of that era, and who they say the best was. As Boycott said he was a corridor bowler, and the pitches he played on helped that, listen to what Boycs said about Lillee and Marshall nextwill you.
I did listen to what he said about Lillee and Marshall.

The only problem I have is why do you put other players down when bigging up one player.

Weren't you also the one claiming Kallis to be selfish?

Now Hadlee is not as good as his numbers (according to "some former players").

Yet in another thread you say Lillee is way under rated.

I don't really understand your criteria and it seems to me to be full of contradictions.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I did listen to what he said about Lillee and Marshall.

The only problem I have is why do you put other players down when bigging up one player.

Weren't you also the one claiming Kallis to be selfish?

Now Hadlee is not as good as his numbers (according to "some former players").

Yet in another thread you say Lillee is way under rated.

I don't really understand your criteria and it seems to me to be full of contradictions.
How are they "contradictions"? They are all just assessments, some different to others.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Kallis is selfish, Chanderpaul is also selfish. I watched the most selfist exhibition of batting today when even after his selfish hundred (when I almost wished that he would have been stranded in the 90's) he still refused to accelerate his scoring in the teams interest, because as usual he was protecting his own average.

Also Lillee is way underated here, the guy is in most quarters seen as top 3 at worst, here he is an also ran.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Also Lillee is way underated here, the guy is in most quarters seen as top 3 at worst, here he is an also ran.
That alone doesn't make him 'underrated' here. Maybe he's less 'overrated' here than in other quarters.

In Finance terms, when the correct price for an instrument is $100, and its market price comes down from $200 to $150, it dosn't suddenly become a value pick.

I am not saying that Lillee is overrated. I am only saying that the fact that he is seen as top 3 at worst in other quarters doesn't automatically make him underrated here. That is not a good enough reason in itself.

Last edited: