• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW50 2nd Edition (aka WWIII) - No 21 - 30

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Kallis hasn't been on the list yet, has he? Assuming he does make it (I do think he should be top 50), being in the top 20 means he's rated way too highly by people here IMHO.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Kallis hasn't been on the list yet, has he? Assuming he does make it (I do think he should be top 50), being in the top 20 means he's rated way too highly by people here IMHO.
I switched him from #24 IIRC to #13 just before I hit 'send'. I don't know why I had the impulse. But he deserves to be in top 25. Pretty sure he will be in. Ikki won't approve of Kallis getting ranked ahead of Ponting though :D

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sehwag may have a 'Viv Richards like' record, but he isn't Viv Richards.

Kallis may have a 'Sobers like' record, but he's no Sobers.

But hey, people disagree with me. Fair enough.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Among this lot, I had Gavaskar (14 or 15, IIRC), Dravid (23) and O'Reilly (24) in my top 25.

Last edited:

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought that Hutton, Headley and Trueman were way too low. Also thought Kapil was quite high.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I had Lillee, Botham, Hutton, O'Reilly and Gavaskar in my list, and they occupied positions 19-23. The other five are all in my top 50, and in fact all bar Dravid are in my top 35.

Five of my 25 have gone, and I reckon it's decent odds that my remaining 20 will be the top 20, pretty much confirming me as the most boring **** on CW.*

* As if that needed confirmation.

Last edited: