• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Vettori switch & play ODIs/IT20s again instead of Tests?

Should Vettori revert back to playing ODI/T20 at the expense of Tests

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Because he doesn't want to?

Retirement is a pretty decent reason. There will only be one Afridi.
Well he's only 33 and like benchy said, you don't really have a packed schedule. Not like he's a quick either.

Howsie

International Captain
Well he's only 33 and like benchy said, you don't really have a packed schedule. Not like he's a quick either.
Cheers doctor. Perhaps you wouldn't mind telling us how he broke his back in the first place? Obviously wasn't from bowling because as you said he isn't quick....

Vettori's breaking down pretty quickly, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he retired from cricket altogether within the next couple of years. 15+ years on the international stage from a bowler who has suffered a couple of big injuries is a fairly big effort.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cheers doctor. Perhaps you wouldn't mind telling us how he broke his back in the first place? Obviously wasn't from bowling because as you said he isn't quick....

Vettori's breaking down pretty quickly, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he retired from cricket altogether within the next couple of years. 15+ years on the international stage from a bowler who has suffered a couple of big injuries is a fairly big effort.
Shaggers back.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
To be fair it's been shrouded in secrecy...wasn't mentioned in his book, he won't talk about it, etc etc. I guess we'll never know much of a role it played in subsequent injuries - remembering he had to completely remodel his action in the mid 00s from memory.