• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Cricket 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Because there wasn't a thread already.

Post your predictions and so forth. Winners, promotions, relegations and random things such as how few Mark Davies will average for Kent in the second division.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Yorkshi*e to get relegated... oh wait

we won't get the two free wins from them this year, so cant see us retaining the title, our bowling should be enough to keep us up.

Somerset for the title

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Yorkshire will return to Div1
Leics will finish Division 2 in last place.

Somerset will choke...again.

I think Warwickshire will win Division 1 this year, given Bell is unlikely to be playing ODIs and thery've already got some serious quality in their team.

grecian

Somerset will be second in everything, fancy Notts for the title, Hampshire for div 2 the taffs to go up with them, Lanky and surrey for relegation.

Davies will average one and a half injuries a month.

Last edited:

Pothas

Quite looking forward to Division 2, not played some of these sides in the longer form of the game for a good while. Could be good for the side as long as we go straight back up, some of the younger players have yet to play in a side that is used to regularly winning in the four day game.

Like the direction that the side is going in general with investment in young players rather than bringing people in, is a big year for James Vince and hope Dawson can kick on from last season. Expect Briggs development to continue nicely.

Having said that Katich and Carberry are going to very important in a division where runs have been pretty hard to come by. Similarly I think Dimi could really enjoy bowling in division two, so hopefully he can stay fit, not holding out a whole lof of hope for Kabir.

Pothas

BBC Sport - London 2012: Essex CCC make joint Olympic Stadium bid

Honestly if this means we end up having 3 tests in London a year I'm going to take out a hit on someone.

Don't mind Essex upgrading but we don't need 3 tests in London unless were going to play a at least 9 Tests in England a year.
Maybe could just do international ODI and Twenty20?

We already have 3 tests in London anyway and I can't see the problem really, is the most popular location for test cricket almost anywhere in the world.

chris.hinton

International Captain
You got to have thought that Somerset would win something, as they have knocked on the door in at least 5 competition in the last few years, you look at their side and its very good and has a great balance.

Lancashire will be close too, Warwickshire will feature in the top 4 but they will miss Chris Woakes.

Worcestershire have a small but competitive squad is it enough to keep in the division like they did last year? I am not sure

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Watched some March first-class cricket today for the first time. Bloody cold after a week of wall-to-wall sunshine.

Henriques played some sensational shots - one back foot drive through straight mid on just as I turned up was a joy to watch - before getting out ridiculously, missing a left arm spinner when he tried to mow it fifty yards over long on. Wallace then swept the University to distraction and I assume they got bored like I did as I went home with him on 40.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The scorecard for the Essex game is insane - top order looking a bit s***, then Foster, Smith and Napier all score tons at a run a ball or better (Napier well better TBH, 48 balls), to take them to 6/506dec.

Somerset's young bowling line-up looking a bit ineffective - they will definitely miss Charl Willoughby this season. Philander will undoubtedly carry their attack when he's there. Do they have a FC overseas played when he leaves though?

Sam Robson showing his class again for Middlesex. Looks to be a good international prospect in the future (is he qualified?).

And bloody hell, will Robert Croft ever retire?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sam Robson showing his class again for Middlesex. Looks to be a good international prospect in the future (is he qualified?).

GOD ****ING DAMNIT NSW PICK HIM ALREADY vc (He's already qualified, he plays as a Englishman)

Henriques played some sensational shots - one back foot drive through straight mid on just as I turned up was a joy to watch - before getting out ridiculously, missing a left arm spinner when he tried to mow it fifty yards over long on.

Yeah that sounds like Moz alright. Always looks great batting but he just can't seem to nail that first FC century. Expect he'll do a solid enough job until North and Hogan come over though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
GOD ****ING DAMNIT NSW PICK HIM ALREADY vc (He's already qualified, he plays as a Englishman)
Nah. Has to do his four year residence regardless of passport. Think this is his fourth year tho, so can't be far off it.

Dunno why we insist on the residence qual now as it's not required by the ICC (the Windies had the Perth-born Nash in their side about eighteen months after his move from QLD) but there it is.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
yes i like robson too. and given he batted quite a bit with strauss at the end of last season so i can see him potentially getting some lions exposure in the near future.

another one of the production lines!

Last edited:

chris.hinton

International Captain
Cricket seems to be starting earlier and earlier and some clubs in club cricket seem to be finishing in the Middle of October. Is this good? or do you think that a Late March- Mid October would be good for the english cricket season to run?