• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Cricket 2012

cpr

International Coach
Kerrigan and Keedy to spin us to the title again this year on dodgy scouse wickets.

And Chapple to be captaining England by the end of the season.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ah right, hadn't heard anything about an injury, still unsure how bad it is seeing as he stayed a week with the team rather than flying back immediately.

stumpski

International Captain
Notts also ran up 500 in a day, and Somerset knocked up 447-1 - the Unis have a few lads who can bat, but their bowling seems to be the weakest it's ever been. Having said that, while I'm probably in the minority I wouldn't like to see f-c status taken away from these games, the last vestige of amateur f-c cricket in England, perhaps anywhere in the world.

And on that subject Cardiff and Bradford/Leeds (according to Cricinfo) are now first-class sides: all of the Bradford/Leeds team are making debuts apart from Charlie Roebuck (no relation) who played a game for Yorkshire in 2010.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Personally I can't see any point in, still less any justification for, university matches having FC status. Hopelessly anachronistic.

Jacknife

International Captain
Really looking forward to the start of the season, I'm off Saturday all being well with a few friends and making a day of it. Always try to go to the first game of the season at Headingley and this year it's against Kent.

Interested to see if Dizzy can get the team firing this year, which he seems to have done so far listening to how the Caribbean pre-season went and hopefully get us straight back up to Div one which we need desperately but it will be hard work for sure.

We really need to get Rashid & Shahzad firing again this year and the top order have got to get start putting runs on the board for a change. The squad is mostly unchanged with just Phil Jaques playing as a local this year.:unsure:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Some nice stat padding going on there.Wouldn't be happy if you were one of the other batsmen wanting a hit out

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know that it has traditionally been the case but it's a bit rich designating these fixtures as first-class

chris.hinton

International Captain
These are good warm-up games, but i agree that it should not be first class. still its gives some younger players a chance and a boast to say they played First class cricket.

stumpski

International Captain
Leeds and Bradford are four runs away from beating Surrey btw - wasn't exactly a generous declaration either, setting them 315.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Personally I can't see any point in, still less any justification for, university matches having FC status. Hopelessly anachronistic.
I think the Varsity match between Oxford and Cambridge should retain FC status, purely out of tradition, I'm less convinced as to why Oxford MCCU vs whoever should have FC status.

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
If some of the young Surrey batsmen (like Hamilton-Brown, Maynard and Roy) show a little more experience and look to build steady hundreds rather than 20 ball 40s I think Surrey will be fine - and could go well - with a pretty good pace attack (especially if England decide to put Tremlett out to grass).

Wouldn't be stunned if Lancashire go from Champions to relegation - it's happened before and I don't see much in their team to excite.

I recall when the County season began in late April with B&H zone=al games - and it was bloody cold then.........

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I see James Taylor started his Notts career with a golden, then followed up with an unbeaten hundred in the second innings.