Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** Road to New Zealand in the West Indies 2012

International Regular WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Bah - why can't we have 3 or even 4 tests against each other. Will gladly trade in some of those T20s and two ODIs for another test.

Windie if you are out there can you post your desired starting XI please.
    Blimey i too was also under the impression that we were playing three tests? i guess i got it wrong, we also only played two against Pakistan so it's not like we're dissing you lot just because you're ranked lower than us!! , it's just the way the schedule goes,

Anyway as for our potential team, much will depend on how we go against two tough teams in Australia and England, personally i believe Sammy's time in the sun will be over by the time we play NZ, well i hope it is anyway!! , another bonus for us is all our IPL stars will be back for this series, so Narine is likely to make his debut against you lot and Gayle may be involved too, so our team could be..

Gayle/Brathwaite
    Barath
    Kirk Edwards
    Darren Bravo
    Chanderpaul
    Deonarine/Pollard/Fudadin/Samuels
    Ramdin (wk)
    Rampaul
    Roach
    Edwards/Holder/Sammy
    Narine/Bishoo

The number six spot is vacant right now after Samuels decided to go to the IPL so we're gonna have to wait and see if Deo, Polly or even the vastly improved Fudadin can claim that spot for themselves,

The more i look at our options the more hopeful i am of us rising up the rankings in the near future, Flem might think his team isn't relevant but us windie fans are starting to see signs of improvement, over the last 15 months or so we've beat Bang and drew with SL and Pak, our only defeats came against the then top two ranked India, add Gayle and Narine into the mix then i think we're gonna be a serious threat, especially on our own turf.

Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    Blimey i too was also under the impression that we were playing three tests? i guess i got it wrong, we also only played two against Pakistan so it's not like we're dissing you lot just because you're ranked lower than us!! , it's just the way the schedule goes
    Three straight ODIs in St Kitts (population 50,000? ground capacity about 8,000) seems a bit more cynical or political than simply 'fitting in what the window allows' tbh. We'll see if the official release differs greatly from that leaked one, but they could cut two of those off (which surely no-one would miss).
    Last edited by Kippax; 30-03-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    The number six spot is vacant right now after Samuels decided to go to the IPL so we're gonna have to wait and see if Deo, Polly or even the vastly improved Fudadin can claim that spot for themselves,
    Is the other Bravo no longer in the picture?

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Very positive article by Ashley Mallett on Williamson. He compares Williamson to a young Michael Clarke - I know a few people here have drawn that comparison before too.

We're likely to be wanting these shortly.

Plunket Shield: Most Runs
    Plunket Shield: Most Wickets

Ford Trophy: Most Runs
    Ford Trophy: Most Wickets

HRV Cup: Most Runs
    HRV Cup: Most Wickets

Also, I've noted the South African internationals are coming back into the NZC video vault, and (apart from the 2nd and 3rd Tests) are full ball-by-ball, rather than just dismissals and boundaries.

How to get into the vault -
    *** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***
    Last edited by Kippax; 31-03-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    CD should seriously consider signing Kyle Jarvis for a full season. Quality seamer and won't get injured as often as our other bowlers.

Plus I have a bit of a man crush on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Bracewell and Nethula will be in SL for the pre-Xmas rounds it looks, very good idea. He could be your domestic Philanderer to the other three in a best-case scenario.

Milne
    Wheeler
    Small
    Jarvis

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    We're likely to be wanting these shortly.

Plunket Shield: Most Runs
    Plunket Shield: Most Wickets

Ford Trophy: Most Runs
    Ford Trophy: Most Wickets

HRV Cup: Most Runs
    HRV Cup: Most Wickets

Also, I've noted the South African internationals are coming back into the NZC video vault, and (apart from the 2nd and 3rd Tests) are full ball-by-ball, rather than just dismissals and boundaries.

How to get into the vault -
    *** Official New Zealand Domestic Cricket 2011/2012 ***
    Awesome - my first time seeing the season stats all at once. Goodness Sinclair just keeps on going.

Terrific season for Rutherford.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Whatever else happens, if Gayle is back playing for the Windies, I expect our bowlers to get monstered. He's always loved playing against us, and I'm already having horrid flashbacks of him smashing Gillespie around.

Bring Rutherford in for the lolz.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

We can actually bowl now, so it will be interesting.

Last time round our attack was O'Brien, Mills, Vettori, Patel and Franklin. Not an attack to wheel out on flat pitches.

Both sides look pretty terrible back in 2008.

International Captain straw man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Heh, a statistical oddity - Boult and Wagner both took their wickets at strike rate of 48.1, with Wagner bowling twice as many overs as Boult for twice as many wickets.

Boult conceded fewer runs per wicket though.

Henry's 19 wickets at average of 23.2 stand out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    We can actually bowl now, so it will be interesting.

Last time round our attack was O'Brien, Mills, Vettori, Patel and Franklin. Not an attack to wheel out on flat pitches.
    Even though that attack has lost its lustre - at its time it was probably as well regarded as today's attack.

Can't believe we are beginning to look like underdogs against the West Indies (reaction to Bahnz's post)

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Even though that attack has lost its lustre - at its time it was probably as well regarded as today's attack.

Can't believe we are beginning to look like underdogs against the West Indies (reaction to Bahnz's post)
    Nah. Apart from O'Brien it isn't flash. Mills hasn't had too much success as a test bowler, despite his heroics earlier in the year (wasn't far off being dropped iirc), Patel was still terrible, Vettori was Vettori and Franklin showed himself to be the 120kph half volley merchant we all know and love.

Martin, Bracewell, Gillespie mk II and Boult are a different kettle of fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Nah. Apart from O'Brien it isn't flash. Mills hasn't had too much success as a test bowler, despite his heroics earlier in the year (wasn't far off being dropped iirc), Patel was still terrible, Vettori was Vettori and Franklin showed himself to be the 120kph half volley merchant we all know and love.

Martin, Bracewell, Gillespie mk II and Boult are a different kettle of fish.
    I hope they are - but they didn't look great shakes in the 3rd test.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information