Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zia-ul-Haq

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar

Zia-ul-Haq

New Pakistani fast bowler (left arm). He is 17 years old and was bowling in the 140's at the domestic T20 tournament and got a five wicket haul in the match!!! Was swinging the ball both ways which is pretty impressive.

Same kid who was just recently competed in the U19 series against South Africa (SeamUp would know more).

Zia ul Haq 5 For 23 Vs Faisalabad Wolves Faysal Bank T20 2012 - YouTube!

What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Simon Champion!
    Interesting name tstl.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Will not hear of him again imo.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    That orange and yellow kit is terrible - looks like a technicolor yawn tbh

Let's have a sweepstake on his actual age

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    He was wrist tested, so should be around 17. Plus looks quite young.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Heard his ideal was Malcolm Martial.

Leaving now.
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    I'll get the tissues ready.

If he is the real deal, then it looks like our never ending fast bowlers producing machine is still working. Maybe we can give some of our fast bowlers to our neighbor, poor fellows have been struggling to find a good fast bowler for yearsssss. we ll have another one ready in a year or so
    Last edited by unam; 29-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Heard his ideal was Malcolm Martial.

Leaving now.

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    Last night I was salivating at the idea of watching two fast bowlers in same game, one whose name first appeared in 08 along with amir, and he so far has not lived up to his expectations, but he hasnt been given constant chances to condition himself at the highest level on as many occasions as I would would have liked him to see, I am talking about Talha here. I wanted to see how he was going to bowl against Ahmed, Akmal's etc etc. Unfortunately they didnt play him.

The other guy has been making some buzz for last 5 or so months, and that's Zia and right from first couple of deliveries I noticed that unlike some other bowlers in the competition, he had a very fluid run up for someone with such less experience as him, he gathers himself well before the delivery stride and lets the ball go in a reasonably good wrist position, he could get closer to the stumps but that's something people like him can learn over next few months or even a season or two with good mentors around him. His speed was not bad and was visibly quicker than Wahab for for first two overs, Wahab did let one go at 145 but Zia was consistent with his pace. I think his fastest ball was a misdirected yorker in his 1st spell that speed radar didnt record.

swing and movement wise, I would rather watch him in at least few more games, in this spell he did not offer too much but it could be because of nerve of his first big televised games.

His second spell was less on speed but he got three wickets in those two overs but lets give him more consistent chances and have him part of camps for the national team, 12 months of this and it might make him into an international bowler. iHis next big challenge should be to perform well at U19WC later this year.

Nevertheless, I like what I see so far.
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

Kamran akmal cought those catches !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    good god unbeliavable....

based on that, I would say he was having a lucky day.
    SALMAM KHAN The real king and Baadshah of Bollywood!!!!!!!!

still looks very much short of int standard but then he is only 17 i say Aamer looked better prospect at the same age however the boy has the basics to be a good international bowler in the future.

Banned
    you don't have to repeat your post 3 times in order for us to take your point

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    still looks very much short of int standard but then he is only 17 i say Aamer looked better prospect at the same age however the boy has the basics to be a good international bowler in the future.
    And thats the most important aspect!!! Now lets see how he improves on from his first big appearance in next 6 months.

I remember Sohail made quite headlines in 2007 and when I saw him on debut against BD in Jan/Feb 2008, i commented on another forum that in first three over sohail has given me more excitement than sami did in last three years, that sohail has still, 3 years since then has almost remained the same guy and hasn't learned since his first claim to fame.

So to me, next 6 - 12 months are extremely crucial for Zia, he could turn out to be worth the hype/potential or another sohail khan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information