• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zia-ul-Haq

unam

U19 12th Man
If he is the real deal, then it looks like our never ending fast bowlers producing machine is still working. Maybe we can give some of our fast bowlers to our neighbor, poor fellows have been struggling to find a good fast bowler for yearsssss. :ph34r: we ll have another one ready in a year or so :cool:

Last edited:

Bouncer

State Regular
Last night I was salivating at the idea of watching two fast bowlers in same game, one whose name first appeared in 08 along with amir, and he so far has not lived up to his expectations, but he hasnt been given constant chances to condition himself at the highest level on as many occasions as I would would have liked him to see, I am talking about Talha here. I wanted to see how he was going to bowl against Ahmed, Akmal's etc etc. Unfortunately they didnt play him.

The other guy has been making some buzz for last 5 or so months, and that's Zia and right from first couple of deliveries I noticed that unlike some other bowlers in the competition, he had a very fluid run up for someone with such less experience as him, he gathers himself well before the delivery stride and lets the ball go in a reasonably good wrist position, he could get closer to the stumps but that's something people like him can learn over next few months or even a season or two with good mentors around him. His speed was not bad and was visibly quicker than Wahab for for first two overs, Wahab did let one go at 145 but Zia was consistent with his pace. I think his fastest ball was a misdirected yorker in his 1st spell that speed radar didnt record.

swing and movement wise, I would rather watch him in at least few more games, in this spell he did not offer too much but it could be because of nerve of his first big televised games.

His second spell was less on speed but he got three wickets in those two overs but lets give him more consistent chances and have him part of camps for the national team, 12 months of this and it might make him into an international bowler. iHis next big challenge should be to perform well at U19WC later this year.

Nevertheless, I like what I see so far.

AaronK

State Regular
Kamran akmal cought those catches !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good god unbeliavable....

based on that, I would say he was having a lucky day.

Xuhaib

International Coach
still looks very much short of int standard but then he is only 17 i say Aamer looked better prospect at the same age however the boy has the basics to be a good international bowler in the future.

Bouncer

State Regular
still looks very much short of int standard but then he is only 17 i say Aamer looked better prospect at the same age however the boy has the basics to be a good international bowler in the future.
And thats the most important aspect!!! Now lets see how he improves on from his first big appearance in next 6 months.

I remember Sohail made quite headlines in 2007 and when I saw him on debut against BD in Jan/Feb 2008, i commented on another forum that in first three over sohail has given me more excitement than sami did in last three years, that sohail has still, 3 years since then has almost remained the same guy and hasn't learned since his first claim to fame.

So to me, next 6 - 12 months are extremely crucial for Zia, he could turn out to be worth the hype/potential or another sohail khan.

Xuhaib

International Coach
someone tell him that match fixing = bad.
indeed.

The reason we were so inconsistent in the last decade is we were unable to keep Shoaib, Asif and Aamer on the park for longer periods.

Good thing about the boy is he already looks more ready then Wahab Riaz and Junaid Khan.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If he was Indian he'd have a $2m IPL contract and be on billboards advertising LG products