• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

County Championship 2012 Selector

Howe_zat

Audio File
A game for 9 players.

The idea here is to take two counties with which to form the basis of your side (5 players) and then we have a draft to fill the remaining spaces (A further 6 players).

Once we have our teams, I'll keep a record in this thread of points awarded based on performance - similar to a Fantasy game. Points will be awarded for appearances, scoring fifties and hundreds, and taking four-fors, five-fors and ten-fors. Players called up for England service will also be rewarded. (The exact scoring system is to be announced if and when this gets enough interest). The winner will be the team with the most points at the end of the season.

How to play

First, announce your interest in the thread and name two counties to play with - one from each division for the 2012 season. For obvious reasons, having you around throughout the season would be welcome, so consider that before joining. It would also be better for the game if we could have people playing with at least one county they support, though I understand this isn't likely to be perfect.

Once we've got all 9 players, select five cricketers to automatically draft into your team from your chosen counties. At least two must be from your second division county.

We then start the draft. As I'm rather late starting this and I expect a few rounds to be done by the time we finish this stage, we'd need to say that players you draft can only get you points for matches they played in after you picked them.

Once we all have 11 players, your job is done and all we need is for me (or me and a helpful volunteer or two) to keep updating the scores here.

Rules

It's a Championship game. Points from List A, T20, tour matches or university matches won't count, so bear that in mind.

Players will get a points boost for playing England internationals, and further points for what they do in Tests. This is to reward players who do so well in the CC that they get called up. Centrally contracted England players are ineligible. Overseas players are eligible, but can only get you points by playing for their county.

12 hours per pick when we get to the draft.

Draft a balanced team. Don't be a dick about it. If your side has no keeper and six allrounders or something, I'll give you terrible filler players to balance it out.

Code:
Keen beans               Team 1                  Team 2
1. GingerFurball         Surrey                  Glamorgan
2. weeman27bob           Worcestershire          Gloucestershire
3. Viscout Tom           Middlesex               Yorkshire
4. grecian               Somerset                Northamptonshire
5. Woodster              Sussex                  Essex
6. Cabinet96             Warwickshire            Hampshire
7. GIMH                  Nottinghamshire         Leicestershire
8. fredfertang           Lancashire              Derbyshire
9. BoyBrumby             Durham                  Kent
Points System

All runs/wickets are per innings.

Code:
County Championship Appearance                 1 point
30-49 runs                                     2 points
50-99 runs                                     5 points
100-199 runs                                   10 points
200-299 runs                                   15 points
300+ runs                                      20 points
1-2 wickets                                    2 points
3-4 wickets                                    5 points
5-6 wickets                                    10 points
7-8 wickets                                    15 points
9-10 wickets                                   20 points
Lions OD/T20 appearance                        3 points
Lions FC appearance                            5 points + other points gained
T20I/ODI appearance                            5 points
Test appearance                                10 points + other points gained

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Can I be in, but I'll take whatever counties are left so I'm not stealing Lancashire from fertang, if he wants to play, for example?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh, I'll do it, even if draftys aren't normally my thing, ****ing hate american sports.

Somerset and Northants, just because no-one will want them.

Could do my players now if you want?

Woodster

International Captain
I'm up for this if that's ok ? I'd like Essex from division two and wouldn't dream of taking Lancs off Fred in division one. Am pretty easy whoever I have from the top league.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Oh, I'll do it, even if draftys aren't normally my thing, ****ing hate american sports.

Somerset and Northants, just because no-one will want them.

Could do my players now if you want?
You'll want to wait for me to announce the scoring system first, and I'm only going to do that if I'm sure this is a goer, so hold off for now please.

grecian

You'll want to wait for me to announce the scoring system first, and I'm only going to do that if I'm sure this is a goer, so hold off for now please.
Okay, off to bed now, wanna get up early for some thing, can't think what.

I'm not bothered about Northants (who is?), so in the unlikely event someone desperately wish for them, I'll take another dreg.

I picked them for Brooks and Vaas really.l

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I'm keen. Give me a few minutes to think about the teams I want.

Edit: What's the deal with picking players who are already in the test squad?

Could I go with Warwickshire and Hampshire?

Last edited:

grecian

I'm keen. Give me a few minutes to think about the teams I want.

:@

It was a comment about the steelboks really, poorly worded:)

Oh wait a minute, that looks odd now, time for bed, even more urgently.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'll play, Jake will have to poke me with a stick to make sure I do, but this sounds good. Not fussed on the teams.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Would have been keen, but some bastard has already taken Essex so I'm out.
Particularly amusing is that said person considered Lancs to be off-limits.

Woods deserves it though, he's the one who's in there defending Ravi Bopara all the time. All about the hard yards.

Woodster

International Captain
Particularly amusing is that said person considered Lancs to be off-limits.

Woods deserves it though, he's the one who's in there defending Ravi Bopara all the time. All about the hard yards.
:laugh: Sorry Heath! Was willing to let Lancs go, couldn't do it with the Eagles!

My defence of Bopara may well extend to his selection in my side for this thread also, not that that'll worry many people at all!