• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

County Championship 2012 Selector

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
OK I'll start - on the assumption I have understood the rules correctly I'll pick these five reprobates first

Glen Chapple
Simon Kerrigan
Tom Smith
Wayne Madsen
Chesney Hughes

Howe_zat

Audio File
Brumby - You need at least two Kent players to start with.

Cabinet - Overseas players are eligible. However, players cannot earn you points outside of the CC except when playing for England.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Alan Richardson
Phil Hughes
Alexei Kervezee
Hamish Marshall
Will Gidman

I'm assuming there's nothing wrong with having two overseas players in the five?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Tremlett's centrally contracted isn't he?

What's the reasoning behind them being ineligible anyway? Surely picking someone like Cook is a risk given how few games he'll play?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well if we did it that way, and simply disallow points for Tests, a participant could be screwed over by one of their players becoming good enough to be called up this season - and so they'd essentially be punished for playing the game well. So I had to offer compensation to those players who go to play ODIs and bonuses for those playing Tests. Then, since I didn't want the first few rounds to be all about splitting up the England players, and keep the focus on county cricket, England players were made ineligible.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Why not just make it so that centrally contracted players don't get England bonuses?

Surely no-one in their right mind is going to be fighting over England players who'll feature in 2-3 games max?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Why not just make it so that centrally contracted players don't get England bonuses?

Surely no-one in their right mind is going to be fighting over England players who'll feature in 2-3 games max?
That would actually be much better.

However, some people have already picked players, and may have done differently with the altered rule. I'll wait for confirmation that they don't mind a rule change, and then I'll change it.

Edit: **** it, I'm going with this. Brumby has to change his picks anyway, and fredfertang and grecian can just tell me if they want to change.

Furballfix is now ON. All England players are eligible, but centrally contracted ones will receive no points when playing for England.

Last edited:

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Think he is but he'll get injured before May is out probly.

Ryan Sidebottom
Tim Murtagh
Corey Collymore
Garry Balance
Andrew Gale

Edited out Bairstow cos I've just realised how many ODIs we've got this year.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Mark Ramprakash
Steven Davies
Chris Tremlett (Jade Dernbach if Tremlett isn't ok)
James Harris
Robert Croft

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bloody Hell lads - some decent players here - if it weren't for Kegga I think I'd concede defeat now

Woodster

International Captain
Ok, my my list of five is as follows -

Ravi Bopara
David Masters
Murray Goodwin
Monty Panesar
Ed Joyce