• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Feature : Top ten Tendulkar ODI hundreds

Shri

Mr. Glass
Well the chennai match was the first test against Pakistan in an age... and it was the first ever India-Pakistan test i ever saw live... wanted it pretty badly tbh... and it was worse because it was in our grasp and we let it slip.. The semifinal always looked gone to me when Tendulkar fell. WC 2003 final was almost as bad as the 96 semi imo... because of the sense of humiliation
That test was heart breaking at that time.I was an 8(7? meh around that age) year old who had skipped school to watch the game that day. But the scenes after the game where the Pak team took a lap of honor while the whole stadium applauded is the best ever moment in cricket for me. The loss didn't matter after that.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Nah, Greig was cringeworthy back then too. They'll be dancing in the streets of Calcutta. *cringe* Undoubtedly rejoicing in gay abandon as the ball by ball updates were relayed via telegraph.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Greig's commentary in general = crap
Greig's commentary when watching Sachin of the 90s= epic stuff

Remember during Sachins desert storm innings he hit a ball from steve waugh high in the air and Greig was like "It's gone again, another six, no its gonna be caught, he's got him, tendulkar's out, no he's dropped him, it's gone for four" FFS. :laugh:
As silly as his commentary was, it undoubtedly added some excitement... kinda like Bill Lawry really
haha awta...the only time I don't dislike the Tony Greig guy is when Tendulkar is playing at his best...

Straight Drive

School Boy/Girl Captain
I remember Sachin mentioning a while ago his knock of 44 against Windies V Amrbose & Walsh in 1997 IIRC, there were 10 4's in the knock and he really enjoyed it and rated it highly in an otherwise disastrous innings.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I remember Sachin mentioning a while ago his knock of 44 against Windies V Amrbose & Walsh in 1997 IIRC, there were 10 4's in the knock and he really enjoyed it and rated it highly in an otherwise disastrous innings.
I remember that one. It was a treat to the eyes. Ian Bishop played that match too IIRC.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I was watching highlights of Tendulkar's 175 against Australia. Have to say this innings is quite underrated because of the result. The strokeplay in this match was at the same level as in the much celebrated twin centuries in Sharjah. Really tremendous batting there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Agree. That was top notch stuff too. Esp the way he will go after McGrath.
Warne surprisingly had him tied down in that knock, didn't he? It was McGrath he was able to go after.. So different how things went since in their careers though.. :)