• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shameful Fielders

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jim Higgs was bad. Dutchy Holland too, being nearly 40 on debut doesn't help.

Mentioned in the SL tour thread were Chandra and Hazeem Hafeez, but they both had medical excuses.

Mind you, so might Panesar.

Should be said Slats was tres ordinaire too.

Jager

International Debutant
The tale goes that after Warnie dropped Fleming's hat-trick, he approached him between overs and said "lucky I saved you four runs", brilliant

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I should add a fellow who toured here in the early 80s, who I recall being quite a poor fielder. Dlip Doshi. I think he was either an off psinner or a SLA bowler. Played a few tests here iirc.

Again though, I don't think he was like Panesar bad, just not particularly great.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Jim Higgs was bad. Dutchy Holland too, being nearly 40 on debut doesn't help.

Mentioned in the SL tour thread were Chandra and Hazeem Hafeez, but they both had medical excuses.

Mind you, so might Panesar.

Should be said Slats was tres ordinaire too.
Yeah, was alright under the lid though. Say he was similar to a Langer or a Jaques as a fielder.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The worst fieldsman I have ever seen was David Hourn (David Hourn | Australia Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo)

Devoid of anthleticism and almost clinically blind, he used to get a round of applause from team-mates for making the most straight-forward of stops

For a guy that was such an outstanding bowler (IIRC, Ian Chappell rated him the best spinner in Oz), his incompetence in every other aspect of the game was unbelievable