• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh seek to reverse result of Asia Cup Final?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Bangladesh had won me over with their performance but this cry baby stuff has totally turned me off. You gave a good account of yourself, now don't ruin it by being ****ing ****s about the result. You lost fair and square.

Last edited:

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
Bangladesh had won me over with their performance but this cry baby stuff has totally turned me off. You gave a good account of yourself, now don't ruin it by being ****ing ****s about the result. You lost fair and square.
this.

Jacknife

International Captain
It almost reminds me of something Zaltzman would write in his blog, to take the proverbial.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Enayet Hossain Siraj, chairman of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) cricket operations committee, told reporters on Saturday that Cheema had deliberately blocked batsman Mahmudullah in the final over.

He said the BCB would demand five penalty runs which if granted could force the ACA to reverse the result.

“We have seen video footage of the incident repeatedly. It is clear that Cheema blocked Mahmudullah deliberately,” Siraj said.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bangladesh bitchery aside, is there any precedent for overturning a result after the fact?

I know the Ovalgate test was briefly declared a "no result" before England were readjudged as the winners, but are there any that stuck?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Can't see how anything can be changed. You only have to look at incorrect decisions for dismissals during games that aren't changed after the match even if proven 100% incorrect.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clearly the problem is they didn't :ph34r:

Xuhaib

International Coach
their fans have such chip on their shoulders I really fear the day they start winning regularly. On their forum the Bangladeshi team was being compared to Brazil 82 and Holland 74.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
their fans have such chip on their shoulders I really fear the day they start winning regularly. On their forum the Bangladeshi team was being compared to Brazil 82 and Holland 74.
Well in fairness, the Bangladesh team IS probably as good as the Brazil '82 and Holland '74
Cricket teams. :)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I thought you liked Bangers? And were keeping an eye on them.
I do like Bangladesh and I was happy they made the final. I just made a joke as I think it's a joke article.

marc was on the money re: incorrect dismissals - the article is stupid.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Probably has a bit to do with the bad blood between the two countries. Also, that they've agreed to go to Pakistan when no dog would has given them a bit of moral leverage to even attempt pulling this crap.