• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Top 50 Cricketers of All Time - 2nd Edition

smash84

The Tiger King
that was decided earlier on after getting in some suggestions from the members.

What was your take on this?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
To keep it simple, 25 points down to 1 point, worked perfectly last time.

As I previously said:

Any attempt at removing players is unnecessary censorship IMO and ensures the list doesn't end up as what it purports to be.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member

As I previously said:

Any attempt at removing players is unnecessary censorship IMO and ensures the list doesn't end up as what it purports to be.
How do you come to the conclusion in bold?

smash84

The Tiger King

As I previously said:

Fine.

I'll discuss with NUFAN towards the end and we will take a call once the nominations have stopped coming in.

Fusion

Global Moderator
It would be interesting to compare the number of people that sent in nominations last time to the current excercise. One would expect the number to rise based on the forum (hopefully) growing in the past few years. Did The Sean disclose how many total nominations we got last time?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
It would be interesting to compare the number of people that sent in nominations last time to the current excercise. One would expect the number to rise based on the forum (hopefully) growing in the past few years. Did The Sean disclose how many total nominations we got last time?
It was 40-odd last time IIRC. On track to be considerably more this time around I think.

smash84

The Tiger King
not sure about considerable more though......

we got in a lot of entries in the beginning but now the entries coming in seems to have slowed down a fair bit.........

come on CWers send your vote :D

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
not sure about considerable more though......

we got in a lot of entries in the beginning but now the entries coming in seems to have slowed down a fair bit.........

come on CWers send your vote :D
That's what happened last time too as I recall, which is understandable.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
smali, perhaps you and/or Sean could pm those who contributed lists last time and who haven't done so this time? Or perhaps just those who are regular forumers? Only if you have the energy and time obviously.