• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Top 50 Cricketers of All Time - 2nd Edition

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So it's alright if we want to rearrange our lists even if we've sent one through already?
Yeah you can change, it's not that hard for me to fix up. But what's changed your mind? Did you forget someone?

Jager

International Debutant
I just felt like I favoured some players that probably didn't deserve to get in the top 25! Keith Miller needs to be bumped up a heap, too... just finished reading his Wikipedia page hahaha

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think 23 players in my list have good chances to make it to the final 50.

The 2 on whom I am a bit skeptical are Courtney Walsh and Andy Flower. I shall be very happy if they find a place - find them quite a bit underrated in CW...

smash84

The Tiger King
you only need send in your top 25.......

not everybody's 25 will be the same so we will have a list of top 50

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This gets stupidly hard after the top 7 or 8 which is the same I had last time, from about 15 onwards becomes totally arbitrary really so chance to put in a few more personal picks.

Flem274*

123/5
I just splurged mine down. After reading the hissyfit over Flintoff on the last page, I might have to send in a revision...

Flem274*

123/5
Hey Smiley, can you bump number 25 on my list up to number I-bet-you-can-guess, and remove number 18. I'm being quite serious. Ta.

:cool:

Flem274*

123/5
Actually on second thoughts there are quite a few revisions I want to do. Better send an email and do it properly.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Personally, I think it's pretty silly when people edit picks and they drop someone that they originally had up very high and instead of shuffling everyone down one spot, the player vanishes completely off the list.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Wouldn't surprise me to see some major shocks in the list this year. The way many of the comments in the thread have gone, it seems that quite a few people are leaving out some big names on the assumption that everyone else will vote for them and they'll get in anyway. If there's a lot of that happening then we could end up with some major players not getting many votes.

And if it happens to Miller, I can't be held responsible for my actions.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Possibly The Sean, possibly.

On an similar note - Whenever someone just writes Miller, I've been sharing the votes between Keith, Colin and Geoff dry:

smash84

The Tiger King
Wouldn't surprise me to see some major shocks in the list this year. The way many of the comments in the thread have gone, it seems that quite a few people are leaving out some big names on the assumption that everyone else will vote for them and they'll get in anyway. If there's a lot of that happening then we could end up with some major players not getting many votes.

And if it happens to Miller, I can't be held responsible for my actions.
actually a player needs to be voted by at least 4 people in order to break into the top 25 so this year the list should be safer

Possibly The Sean, possibly.

On an similar note - Whenever someone just writes Miller, I've been sharing the votes between Keith, Colin and Geoff dry:
:laugh: