• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Top 50 Cricketers of All Time - 2nd Edition

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
First Top 50: 2009
Second Top 50: 2012

Reckon some one should start with a Top 50 project again since it is almost 3 years now. Will be interesting to see changes in the list. We should do it every 3 years as well..

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
First Top 50: 2009
Second Top 50: 2012

Reckon some one should start with a Top 50 project again since it is almost 4 years now. Will be interesting to see changes in the list. We should do it every 3 years as well..
It hasn't even been 3 years yet :p

but yeah Steyn, Sangakkara to definitely massively improve their ranking.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I can see some nice trends emerging. Players who are retiring or near retiring would have highest rankings yet. For instance, if this was done in 2004 or so, Steve Waugh could have cracked the top 15 or 20. A slight slide in the ensuing decade after retirement to get a more stable spot after a decade or so after retirement say.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
but yeah Steyn, Sangakkara to definitely massively improve their ranking.
Donald is some how not that highly ranked in the two lists. His record in Australia, the presence of other quicks in that era and lesser South African voters all have a part to play I think. Steyn might beat Donald given Steyn is widely regarded as the best fast bowler of the last 5-7 years.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Donald is some how not that highly ranked in the two lists. His record in Australia, the presence of other quicks in that era and lesser South African voters all have a part to play I think. Steyn might beat Donald given Steyn is widely regarded as the best fast bowler of the last 5-7 years.
"might"

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
There was a bit of a witch hunt last time to find out who hadn't voted for don as their number 1. So I think we have to be aware making the lists public will lead to some recriminations

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
There was a bit of a witch hunt last time to find out who hadn't voted for don as their number 1. So I think we have to be aware making the lists public will lead to some recriminations
Easy fix: vote for Don as your number 1.