• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Top 50 Cricketers of All Time - 2nd Edition

Spark

Global Moderator
Oh, I missed the word "test" - so I just assumed it was cricket in general. Mind you, the difference isn't great.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I missed the 'Test' in the OP. Selected 25 cricketers based on the thread title. No issues. It would only change my rating of one or two players.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Prefer it is just based on tests. Someone shouldn't be making it into the list of the basis of some 20 20 prowess for example and those contests have just as much right for consideration as ODIs do.

Spark

Global Moderator
Prefer that people make their own criteria in a contest as general as "top 50 cricketers" tbh

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I doubt anyone is going to include T20 stars even if the criteria is left open. It's more likely that someone like Grace is excluded if we are restricting strictly to tests.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Prefer that people make their own criteria in a contest as general as "top 50 cricketers" tbh
1) True skills at cricket only come out in tests. My opinion only.

2) if some people voted only on tests like the opening post said to - and others on ODIs because the title of the thread left it open then we get a list determined by inconsistent criteria which will make understanding the results more tricky.

3) I am not too fussed about this issue so if you or others have a different view then I don't mind:)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No one has voted on ODI criteria - Everyone has voted on Tests, first class exploits or impact on the game of long form Cricket.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Our point is more on FC than on ODIs tbh. On test performances alone, I don't think there's a case of including Grace, Larwood or Barry Richards in the 25 - but I do think that all 3 of them are definitely among the best 25 cricketers ever.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just assumed It was all cricket because that is what it was last time, list would be rather different if it was just tests.