• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Top 50 Cricketers of All Time - 2nd Edition

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't think I participated last time round. Eager to see if my rather unorthodox submissions have any effect.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
smali, perhaps you and/or Sean could pm those who contributed lists last time and who haven't done so this time? Or perhaps just those who are regular forumers? Only if you have the energy and time obviously.
What are we doing? Sending a list of 25 players all time for tests only?

To whom do we send it?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
What are we doing? Sending a list of 25 players all time for tests only?

To whom do we send it?
Yep. To cwtop50@hotmail.com

The top 50 will then be chosen by a simple process involving the rigorous cleansing of results to eliminate anomalies, dishonesty, errors, carelessness, quirks, interesting results, personal bias, personal preferences, and personal opinions. Those whose lists betray any of these defects will be subjected to robust interrogation techniques to force them to reveal their motives, intentions and influences before being named, shamed and eternally banned from CW.

That said, it'll be great fun. I've submitted my list and am awaiting the 3am knock at the door from masked men from CW because, acting under the influence of both a foreign power and a foreign lager, I wantonly put Wally Hammond above Shane Warne.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Just realised this was test cricket only, which I rather ignored. Sent it now anyway.
Ah, me too actually - was just going with cricketers generally. Not going to change my votes - if I just looked at Test cricket the good Doctor would miss out, and I won't be having that.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year

The top 50 will then be chosen by a simple process involving the rigorous cleansing of results to eliminate anomalies, dishonesty, errors, carelessness, quirks, interesting results, personal bias, personal preferences, and personal opinions. Those whose lists betray any of these defects will be subjected to robust interrogation techniques to force them to reveal their motives, intentions and influences before being named, shamed and eternally banned from CW.

That said, it'll be great fun. I've submitted my list and am awaiting the 3am knock at the door from masked men from CW because I put Wally Hammond above Shane Warne.
:laugh:

My friendly, laughing disposition only holds if the compulsory vote for Keith Miller has been cast, obv.

Last edited:

Burgey

Thank God it's tests only. Some arseclown would throw bloody Warner, Afridi or Gayle in their list.

Burgey

That said, it'll be great fun. I've submitted my list and am awaiting the 3am knock at the door from masked men from CW because, acting under the influence of both a foreign power and a foreign lager, I wantonly put Wally Hammond above Shane Warne.
I trust you didn't place him above Tendulkar, for your own safety.

I'll have a crack at this this morning. Will put back that conference I have.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
We are around 50 so far......with 3 days to go I would be happy if we can touch around 75
Wow lofty goals there smali 75 is heaps. It would be good though.

Did I omit someone?
Mate, just what you did with 25th - I know it's only 1 point but can you please just pick the one player for the spot, I'm not giving out half points or in your case .2 of a point.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow lofty goals there smali 75 is heaps. It would be good though.

Mate, just what you did with 25th - I know it's only 1 point but can you please just pick the one player for the spot, I'm not giving out half points or in your case .2 of a point.
Holding.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thank you kyear.

If two or more people end up level how does everyone want us to split it?
a) Say both are equal
b) Give the vote to the cricketer with the most votes
c) Give the vote to the cricketer with the highest vote

I'm thinking B - smali what do you think?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What does it mean to have a test only list? Does that rule out Grace?
Grace is not ruled out - I think it's more of a list excluding ODI and T20 performances.

One thing that I've noticed is that often 2 Cricketers end up being right after each other on peoples lists. Also, noticed 1 or 2 players who went without votes for ages who have had a sudden surge of late. Probably just a coincidence.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I trust you didn't place him above Tendulkar, for your own safety.

I'll have a crack at this this morning. Will put back that conference I have.
No one made any fuss about totally omitting Tendulkar, let alone having him low. Issues were raised only with regards to totally joke picks, consider Ishant Sharma for example. But why let facts come in way of your cheap shots at Tendulkar fans.

As an aside, it's weird that well meaning Tendulkar fans can not say in jest without expecting a backlash what Sean said about Miller multiple times (and that's perfectly alright, for those who don't get it. We all know he is saying it in jest only. I'm just using it as an example).

Last edited:

Burgey

No one made any fuss about totally omitting Tendulkar, let alone having him low. Issues were raised only with regards to totally joke picks, consider Ishant Sharma for example. But why let facts come in way of your cheap shots at Tendulkar fans.

As an aside, it's weird that well meaning Tendulkar fans can not say in jest without expecting a backlash what Sean said about Miller multiple times (and that's perfectly alright, for those who don't get it. We all know he is saying it in jest only. I'm just using it as an example).