• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Works out great, we could offer him some coaching advice too.
Scoring Over 200 in the First Innings
1. Select a side with 6 batsmen to bat in the top 6. Do not select 8 bowlers, endless PONIs or Scott Coyte.
2. See Step 1.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf I don't think the batting coach has that power

he should though

Just a thought: WA, despite their stacked batting line-up and ace bowling are doomed to fail next season, because of..........

benchmark00

Scoring Over 200 in the First Innings
1. Select a side with 6 batsmen to bat in the top 6. Do not select 8 bowlers, endless PONIs or Scott Coyte.
2. See Step 1.
Good to see Coyte single handedly lead Randy Petes to a final loss over the weekend.

Spikey

Tbf he seems to have injured himself

or he just really wanted to bowl all 10 players in a grade final

OH MY GOD SCOTT COYTE IS THE HEAD OF THE NSW SELECTION PANEL IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And just quietly, given the make up of keeping stocks in Aus cricket - eg Wade, Paine, Nev and Hartley - and that they have some promising young keepers in the state, WA getting an overseas keeper wouldn't be the worse move for this season either. But then I guess Hogan might be taking up their overseas spot?

But obviously that's only if they decide Whiteman and/or the other guy whose name I forgot is a high class prospect and want to keep him
I'd like to see them actually give Whiteman or Bancroft a run in the side, personally. Signing up a strong backup keeper from interstate in case it doesn't work out like Dawson or Carters (if Victoria look elsewhere) wouldn't be the worst idea but in the case where you actually have a good emerging player out of your own system, going overseas isn't a good idea IMO.

Spikey

I'd like to see them actually give Whiteman or Bancroft a run in the side, personally. Signing up a strong backup keeper from interstate in case it doesn't work out like Dawson or Carters (if Victoria look elsewhere) wouldn't be the worst idea but in the case where you actually have a good emerging player out of your own system, going overseas isn't a good idea IMO.
It's just a matter of whether they think either of them are up to it. Bancroft got some games this season and didn't do much iirc so they might each need one more season.

but yeah given how stacked their batting is they could bat them at like 8, maybe 9, so little reason to bring in an overseas keeper

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Australia news: Brendan Drew, Nick Kruger among eight axed by Tasmania | Australia Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Vale Brady Jones, Jon Wells, Ben Laughlin, Ashton May, Matthew Day and Marc Simond. Taken before their times. I assume they can't axe Krejza until CA axes him
I'm not really a fan of having such a small number of contracted state players. It's just too easy for Cricketers who are good at AFL to choose AFL instead. I don't know Alex Keath's AFL pedigree, but surely he's going to find it a little tough to even get a contract for Victoria this year - it's tough on these upcoming players and it's also tough on the Cricketers who are quite good at one format, but modest at the other (Ben Laughlin).

Brady Jones possibly has a chance to move interstate, perhaps he could try WA. I think he's decent, but you can't blame Tassie for keeping Paine (if he can keep) and Triffitt instead.

Jon Wells and Brendan Drew should get Big Ba$h contracts I suspect.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
So, if the national contracts are slashed, why isn't any money saved filtered down to the states to make sure that we have as many professional cricketers as possible?

The smaller contract lists for states were only because of the BBL. Surely that should now be reversed to some extent?

All these guys leaving makes me feel nervy about Fekete...

Spikey

So, if the national contracts are slashed, why isn't any money saved filtered down to the states to make sure that we have as many professional cricketers as possible?

The smaller contract lists for states were only because of the BBL. Surely that should now be reversed to some extent?
that's literally the million dollar question. They're probably cutting 7 CA contracts worth at least 160K, probably 200K, and it seems it ain't going to the state contract pool. I guess they're paying off BigBash loans or something

Last edited:

benchmark00

All these guys leaving makes me feel nervy about Fekete...
He's gone babeh.

Gone, gone, GONE!.

brockley

International Captain
Accoding to the media its 15 contracts now not 20.
Gather most states will have 14 contracts+5 rookies.

Spikey

CA wants 15 AND no increased funding for state contracts, for me, there's no way the Players allow that