• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Probably just maybe in our next best 6? He is without doubt in our next best 6 and if he continues to produce the goods he'll be in our best 6 soon.

What part of his game reminds you of fecal matter?

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
LOL Mike Veletta. Could be spot on though, but Veletta was gun in the Shield, Bailey has barely stood out yet in many seasons here. I reckon Bailey is similar to Robbie Kerr.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Veletta and Kerr are probably spot on comparisons when it comes to Bailey. When in form all three looked class, only problem was that wasn't that often they were on song. Bailey is starting to improve his consistency but guys Veletta also had a season here or there were they were consistent enough for Test Cricket.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So do people expect Bailey to be as big a failure as Veletta and Kerr?

Whenever I've watched Bailey I've been very impressed with his composure and I don't think he has an obvious flaw in his game that some of the other candidates and current players have.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't really expect anything of Bailey. I have no real opinion of him other than that he shouldn't've been made T20 captain, but that's not his fault.

Spikey

I mean, I have 3 rules about selecting captains:

1 - Don't pick a spinner as captain, unless he has a super dooper lock on his spot in the team
2 - Don't pick a keeper as captain, unless he has a super dooper lock on his spot in the team
3 - Don't pick a guy who hasn't played at that level as captain, cause he could be, you know, ****ty

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah T20 is his worst format even though he performs at a competent level. He's a quality skipper too so it wasn't the worst decision I've seen by a selector (bring out the Doherty pics if you like).

I think Bailey is the sort of Cricketer who can play 50-60 Tests for Australia averaging 40-44. Surely we'd take that.

benchmark00

I mean, I have 3 rules about selecting captains:

1 - Don't pick a spinner as captain, unless he has a super dooper lock on his spot in the team
2 - Don't pick a keeper as captain, unless he has a super dooper lock on his spot in the team
3 - Don't pick a guy who hasn't played at that level as captain, cause he could be, you know, ****ty
Nah bish be crazy.

It's fine to pick a spinner (not as ideal as a batsman obv). Just don't pick a fast bowler as a captain.

Spikey

Nah bish be crazy.

It's fine to pick a spinner (not as ideal as a batsman obv). Just don't pick a fast bowler as a captain.
It's fine....if it's Warnie, or Kumble or w/ever. But it's not really desirable for lesser spinners. cause, you know, there's only one of them in the team, sometimes none, so if you mess up and you pick a spinner as captain who shouldn't actually be in the best team, like SOK and our OD team....

uvelocity

International Coach
thats the worst rule ever (fast bowler captain)

hey I was just thinking it will be good if we can post in that post in here when clarkey does something outrageous and it works, signed for thunder and won bbl

benchmark00

thats the worst rule ever (fast bowler captain)

hey I was just thinking it will be good if we can post in that post in here when clarkey does something outrageous and it works, signed for thunder and won bbl
It's the only rule of captaincy. Usually field at fine leg. Always thinking about their next spell/over which will affect the decision making in the field. Have big egos. Injury prone. Never want to be dragged when the batsman gets after them or will under bowl themselves for fear of overbowling. Don't think like batsmen as they're often bunnies.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
It's the only rule of captaincy. Usually field at fine leg. Always thinking about their next spell/over which will affect the decision making in the field. Have big egos. Injury prone. Never want to be dragged when the batsman gets after them or will under bowl themselves for fear of overbowling. Don't think like batsmen as they're often bunnies.
do not have a big ego ****, im just good

you don't have to think like a batsman to know how to get one out either

and spikey is right too.