Page 61 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian off season domestic 2012/13

Heard Cummins is moving to Perth for BBL because the Sixers don't want him because they consider him to be too injury prone, I just hope that if CA seriously considers likes of Cummins, Pattinson, Starc and Hazelwood future prospects then they should work on strength and conditioning of these guys during the off-season and then ask them to try to get through a complete FC season without any injury issues.

The current plan of pushing these guys into international cricket whenever they are fit is just lame and its stagnating their growth as international cricketers.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    I'm not sure if that'd be the exact reason, but yes i wouldn't be surprised if the sixers haven't put much effort into keeping him. still leaves the thunder for cummins tho.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

International Vice-Captain
    Stu Clark confirmed Cummins for the scorchers,so not likely the Thunder.
    Usman Khwajah likely to play for the Brisbane Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    A bit disappointed the NSW selectors went with Daniel Hughes, a 33 year old, who have a fairly average grade season. Reckon they should have given a contract to Cameron Merchant (28), Sam Robson (23) or Ahilen Beadle (25). All had good grade seasons last year. The first two also have solid first class records overseas and are top order batsmen.

Happy with the other selections.
    If we picked Robson it'd have to be as an overseas player, in which case we'd be better off picking Jaques who only retired because of that exact situation.

Hughes as has been pointed out already is a kid.

Merchant is dire; if we were going to go in that direction I'd be much happier with Thornely (poor grade season with the bat aside) or Greg Hunt. I wouldn't be surprised if either of these guys got a game through the year.

The blokes who have actually scored all the grade runs in the last three seasons are Lambert, Mail and Moran; none of whom are legitimate options for different reasons.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Stand corrected regarding Daniel Hughes, clearly google lead me down the wrong patch.

Merchant for mine is a better then Cruickshank, especially as an opener. Reckon both would be capable at FC level, but below say the Mathew Phelps standard.

Still think Sam Robson should get a run. As there is the option of him choosing Australian domestic cricket over England. If he got a decent run, especially in OD cricket. Also he would be a more long term option then Jaques, Dawson or Chuickshank. They should put pride aside and pick the best batsmen available.

But regardless I bet you they will play Henriques at the top of order ahead of them all. Especially if Haddin gets dropped by Australia and they need to play all three in Nevill, Haddin and Henriques in the top 7.

Hopefully Rorher stills up and bats in the top 4, so the new guys/all rounders can get a start in the lower order.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Cricket Spectator
    The other Daniel Hughes is from Dubbo and is a bowler that played NSW Country. This Daniel from Cowra as explained left hand opening bat moved down 07/08 to play for North Sydney and undertake a Greenkeeping Apprenticeship which he has completed. Very talented ball striker and can play short ball. Seems to do better when pace comes onto the ball.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by toolie View Post
    The other Daniel Hughes is from Dubbo and is a bowler that played NSW Country.
    My off stump confirms.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Shah,Hogan & Dunk for Hobart Hurricanes.

Christian signs for the Heat.

The Renegades better find sign some decent batsmen because with the departures of Hodge and Maxwell their batting stocks have become paper thin, same goes with Thunder, they too need to look at bringing in some batting might to support likes of Gayle and Warner.

Anyways on a sidenote anyone else thinks Maxwell is a superb prospect? Kind of reminds me of Roy Symonds and I believe he could be bolter for the T20 world cup squad because he is much better suited to carry out the role that is at present expected of Smith.
    Last edited by pup11; 11-07-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Mitch Marsh & Cummins Scorchers.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Cummins broke his hand signing the contract

Richardson and Putland Adelaide Strikers.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by pup11 View Post
    The Renegades better find sign some decent batsmen because with the departures of Hodge and Maxwell their batting stocks have become paper thin, same goes with Thunder, they too need to look at bringing in some batting might to support likes of Gayle and Warner.
    I'm a bit worried about the Renegades, not just because of the batting problems you mentioned but also their bowling. Tait/Nannes/Harwood were alright last year, but are getting older and there is every chance they are just going to get belted this season.

Page 61 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread Information