• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ed cowan to turn to smitteh and say to him, a bit like the don to barnes in 48, "well looks like you have to play in every match from now on"

although I heard the reason smitteh didn't play here was because he failed to hand in his report on 'Moby Dick'. cowan runs a tight ship.

Spikey

i'm worried mitch didn't play. surely they haven't booked him in for both aus a games.

brockley

International Captain
S Africa released its itinnery 2 rounds of 4 dayers in September,wonder if we will do the same,otherwise it may be tight this season.

Spikey

Well, the actual top 3 for the Aus A games should be Cowan, Davis and Klinger. They haven't disgraced themselves so far. Klinger has been a bit crappy, but you could drop him, move Bailey/Smitteh/Forrest up and bring in Burns. It's just in the last match Cooper once again proved he's useless against anyone other than NSW and Forrest wasn't much better. I'd favour leaving Usman and Hughes where they are

adub

International Captain
Forrest is poo
Cooper is poo
Bailey is poo
Klinger is poo

all fail the Rohrer test.

Burns and Smith back in and probably keep Bailey as he's less poo than t'others. Play 5 bowlers as they'll probably score more runs anyway.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Waste for money for just one game. Much rather they spent the money on Rohrer and Nevill for the whole season.

This whole logic of signing players just to play one game, is as stupid as gimmick to get Andrew Johns to play one game for Blues a couple years back.

Reckon signing Warner going to come back on bit them when they try and sign a 2nd international. Watch this space Micheal Lumb again. 8-)

If CA can't get their schedule right and have the Test players available for the whole tournament. Why are they then forcing the teams to sign Test players for one game. It quite clear that neither Thunder or Sixes wanted to sign Clarke or Warner, or they would have signed them sooner. Clearly CA is forcing them to sign this players for one game so they can try and get 60,000 or whatever for the opener and cover the loses of not having South Africa during the Christmas Tests Matches and non crowd puller in Sri Lanka during that period.

Tempted to boycott the Sri Lankan test matches and Big Bash matches as **** you for forcing Thunder and Sixes to have sub standard sides for majority of the tournaments to sign Clarke and Warner for one game.

Spikey

Seems like Starc is back in Aus. Not quite sure why'd you pick him for an Aus A tour if you're gonna send him home before the two matches that actually matter

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Forrest is poo
Cooper is poo
Bailey is poo
Klinger is poo

all fail the Rohrer test.

Burns and Smith back in and probably keep Bailey as he's less poo than t'others. Play 5 bowlers as they'll probably score more runs anyway.
I have no huge problem with your assessment of 3 of the 4, but Bailey is clearly a good player.

Seems like Starc is back in Aus. Not quite sure why'd you pick him for an Aus A tour if you're gonna send him home before the two matches that actually matter
Yeah the worst thing about this is that it means Johnson is likely to play. Selectors appear reluctant to pick both left arm quicks in the same XI, with good reason really.

adub

International Captain
I have no huge problem with your assessment of 3 of the 4, but Bailey is clearly a good player.
Bailey is poo. It's just compared to the other numpties he looks half decent. I don't have a problem with him being around Australia A level per se. He is probably just maybe in our next best 6. But that being so doesn't stop him being poo. It just shows how utterly craptacular the Australian batting stocks are. Not since the mid 80s have so many barely First Class quality players been so close to a baggy green. He's what, Mike Veletta standard? Not an embarrassment, but not Test quality.