• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian off season domestic 2012/13

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No, the point is that NSW are making that choice. Pattinson still gets picked for Victoria, despite playing as a local for Notts each winter.
Yeah but are Victoria picking him as an overseas player or not?

If NSW are choosing not to pick players technically playing as overseas players that's one thing, but if we're refusing to pick players who count as local players just because they also count as local players elsewhere then that's beyond ridiculous. Which is what I was getting at. We also had no problems picking the Dutchman this season which was inconsistent.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CricketNSW ‏ @CricketNSW
And the winner of the Steve Waugh Medal is @stevesmith49! #swmedal

Nev was robbed.

Andre

International Regular
Yeah but are Victoria picking him as an overseas player or not?

If NSW are choosing not to pick players technically playing as overseas players that's one thing, but if we're refusing to pick players who count as local players just because they also count as local players elsewhere then that's beyond ridiculous. Which is what I was getting at. We also had no problems picking the Dutchman this season which was inconsistent.
Pretty sure Pattinson plays here as an overseas player - I'm almost 100% certain that the only way you can be a local in more than 1 domestic comp is if you are from an associate nation.

morgieb

Didn't Jaques have to give up his status as a home player in England because he played over here as a local player?

Spikey

skidmark i can only assume you booked your holiday before you became aware macgill would be playing in the grade finals?

Sydney Uni do a stream for those of you who are dying to see Stuart Clark, Greg Mail and Stuart MacGill all in action ftr: Sydney University Cricket Club

benchmark00

skidmark i can only assume you booked your holiday before you became aware macgill would be playing in the grade finals?

Sydney Uni do a stream for those of you who are dying to see Stuart Clark, Greg Mail and Stuart MacGill all in action ftr: Sydney University Cricket Club
They're taking the monorail down because the erection I sustained upon hearing the news derailed it, so I had to leave in shame.

Spikey

Have you actually been off Cweb in the last 24 hours? Cause I mean you made this post 3am

It got me thinking today...

Jaques has retired from Australian domestic cricket because New South Wales don't want to pick him as an overseas player after he uses his British passport to play as a local player in county cricket. We've also overlooked Sam Robson for lesser players, presumably for the same reason.

Timm van der Gugten plays for Holland; does this make him an overseas player here domestically, or does the fact that it's only an associate nation allow him to still play state cricket in Australia as a local player? Same question applies to Cooper I guess but I don't think South Australia have moral objections to it in the same way NSW seem to these days.

Spikey

i just figured considering you do everything else via the internet you'd just email your tips to someone who'd lodge them