• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is this the second coming of Bangladesh?

Can Bangladesh shake off their minnow status in the near future?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
i think most people are wary of playing Banga in Banga nowadays, although there's still the odd horror performance, but yeah outside of Banga they still need a couple of seamers.
Yeah this. Think an ODI series in Bangladesh, for non Asian teams particularly, is actually a pretty difficult task, as New Zealand discovered a year ago. But they've still never won ore than the one of game outside the SC.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Wasn't sure where to post this but...

Grade A+ - Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Tamim Iqbal, Abdur Razzak, Mashrafe Mortaza
Grade A - Mahmudullah, Imrul Kayes
Grade B - Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Nazmul Hossain
Grade C - Nasir Hossain, Jahurul Islam
Rookie Grade - Nazimuddin, Shuvagata Hom, Elias Sunny

Can someone explain to me how Kayes has an A rating. FFS..

A 10% salary rise is a positive move though, I wonder if the BPL helped gain the rise?

unam

U19 12th Man
Wasn't sure where to post this but...

Grade A+ - Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Tamim Iqbal, Abdur Razzak, Mashrafe Mortaza
Grade A - Mahmudullah, Imrul Kayes
Grade B - Rubel Hossain, Shafiul Islam, Nazmul Hossain
Grade C - Nasir Hossain, Jahurul Islam
Rookie Grade - Nazimuddin, Shuvagata Hom, Elias Sunny

Can someone explain to me how Kayes has an A rating. FFS..

A 10% salary rise is a positive move though, I wonder if the BPL helped gain the rise?
Politics + connections :ph34r:

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Yeah, your probably right! FFS it can't be for his pathetic batting.

When does Bangladesh tour Pakistan?
32nd Match, Group B: Bangladesh v Netherlands at Chittagong, Mar 14, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
28th Match, Group B: Bangladesh v England at Chittagong, Mar 11, 2011 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
2nd ODI: England v Bangladesh at Bristol, Jul 10, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

TBF. He did play some decent knocks in those matches they won, so fair enough IMO.

And Pakistan tour's been effectively canceled hasn't it?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Weren't they all before his last contract? What's he done to get his rating moved up? Taking the piss with that Netherlands link too, surely that wouldn't be enough.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Weren't they all before his last contract? What's he done to get his rating moved up? Taking the piss with that Netherlands link too, surely that wouldn't be enough.
Fairly sure that they're not - except for the Bristol ODI i.e. He was fairly consistent (by Bangas standards at least) at the time, then went downhill all of a sudden.

PS: Last contract was on Nov 2010 apparently: Mohammad Ashraful handed top-level central contract | Bangladesh Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo