• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"My XI" on ESPNCricinfo

smash84

The Tiger King
so his XI already has lillee, hadlee, and garner. Add Warne to it. Pretty fantastic bowling attack

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I think he is selecting eleven favourite bowlers, and not a fictional XI. He has Underwood, Trueman and Larwood too in the list.

Jager

International Debutant
Boycott's real XI: Jack Hobbs (ENG), Len Hutton (ENG), Donald Bradman (AUS), George Headley (WI), Viv Richards (WI), Garry Sobers (WI), Alan Knott (ENG), Sydney Barnes (ENG), Malcolm Marshall (WI), Shane Warne (AUS), Dennis Lillee (AUS).

Jager

International Debutant
I'm surprised he didn't pick Gilchrist like every other person alive... I'd argue against Headley and Lillee too. Headley because he feasted on weaker bowling attacks than the generations before and after his career, and Lillee because his entire career outside of Australia and England yielded only 28 wickets.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
bomb, Headley never makes it into my all time XI's neither does Lillee (although he's close) but I can totally understand Boycott picking Lillee. He obviously found Lillee and Marshall to be the best bowlers he faced

smash84

The Tiger King
Yeah not bad. :sleep: - It's an awesome team Smali, awesome.
haha.....yeah it is an awesome team.......

can't be bothered looking up Richie's team but this looks similar....

Lillee and Headley in an ATXI are debatable but not like they don't stand a chance

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bomb, Headley never makes it into my all time XI's neither does Lillee (although he's close) but I can totally understand Boycott picking Lillee. He obviously found Lillee and Marshall to be the best bowlers he faced
:laugh:

weeman27bob

International Regular
Boycott's real XI: Jack Hobbs (ENG), Len Hutton (ENG), Donald Bradman (AUS), George Headley (WI), Viv Richards (WI), Garry Sobers (WI), Alan Knott (ENG), Sydney Barnes (ENG), Malcolm Marshall (WI), Shane Warne (AUS), Dennis Lillee (AUS).
Boycott's real XI: His Nan (ENG), His Nan (ENG), His Nan (ENG), His Nan (ENG), His Nan (ENG), His Nan (ENG), His Nan (ENG), His Nan (ENG), His Nan (ENG), His Nan (ENG), His Nan (ENG), His Nan (ENG)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's also important to mention that Boycott said that he intentionally left out all non-retired players, and mentioned that Tendulkar will surely be a part of this team when he retires.

He also said that Bradman and Warne are the only 2 automatic choices in any all-time XI (can't remember if he mentioned Sobers also, but he didn't AFAIR) - something with which I strongly disagree.