• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Amir Interview

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Disappointing lack of "Legalise weed" T-shirt.

And juvenile detention centre =/ prison, Amir you ****.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You can follow the interview here:

Twitter

Some pretty interesting stuff. Seems like he was taken advantage of by Salman Butt and Mazhar Majeed.
I doubt he was taken advantage of so much as taken in, but having pleaded guilty and not had his day in court I think his decision to speak to Atherton was understandable, and he seems to have shown some contrition, which in the long term will do him no harm

Stapel

International Regular
What a complete crock of ****.

It has already been established by the judges that this was not an isolated incident. The guy hasn't learned a thing.
To be fair, the judges did not conclude Amir was structurally involved (right?). It might very well be the case that Amir was indeed only involved in this 'incident', which was part of a wide range of incidents organized by Butt & co.

Jacknife

International Captain
So far all I'm getting from this is that he was everyone else's fault and he didn't do it for money.:wallbash:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Interesting interview. I sympathised with him at first but I think he pushed it a bit. Dunno.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Disappointing lack of "Legalise weed" T-shirt.

And juvenile detention centre =/ prison, Amir you ****.
Wasn't he in a young offender's institute though? That's basically prison just that there are no over 21s there. Different to a detention centre.

fredfertang

Wasn't he in a young offender's institute though? That's basically prison just that there are no over 21s there. Different to a detention centre.
Yeah he was in a YOI, which in many ways is worse, all those testosterone fuelled hard cases trying to be top dog - no essentially genial time-serving Norman Stanley Fletchers in there

Scaly piscine

To be fair, the judges did not conclude Amir was structurally involved (right?). It might very well be the case that Amir was indeed only involved in this 'incident', which was part of a wide range of incidents organized by Butt & co.
Judge rejects Mohammad Amir's plea that spot-fixing role was one-off | Sport | guardian.co.uk

This is also reflected in his sentence (which was downgraded because of his plea and he got another 3 months off because of his background/age).

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As established by Vic_oxthdox Amir would have heard probably 3-4 'talks' about match fixing and all that, so...

Arachnodouche

International Captain
This sort of blame allocation is OK when you're a fifty year old somebody who's writing a memoir, not when you're trying to set your reputation right. A simple "I ****ed up and take all responsibility" would've served him much better. This just singles him out as a not particularly bright kid with a missing spine to boot.

Fusion

Global Moderator
This sort of blame allocation is OK when you're a fifty year old somebody who's writing a memoir, not when you're trying to set your reputation right. A simple "I ****ed up and take all responsibility" would've served him much better. This just singles him out as a not particularly bright kid with a missing spine to boot.
Yeah agreed. Should've just said "It's all on me. I have no excuses. I did my time and I hope people will find it in their heart to forgive me".