• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction Draft - Simple Format

weeman27bob

International Regular
I guess you've also got the possibility of other people taking over places if somebody needs to drop out.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
If there's an Auction Draft then I feel I should be involved (even if you've already had too many sign-ups!)

Also means I can hold fire on my next auction draft for a while.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
No, just to keep it interesting :)
Wouldn't it make it part guessing game, though? It might not be possible for me to make a proper informed decision on whether or not to bid for Marshall without knowing if McGrath isn't going to pop up later.

Eds

International Debutant
I reckon there needs to be more players auctioned, to give people more of a choice. Having players go unsold is a good thing.

I'd say maybe 180 players? As that'd take a while, just auction two (or three/four/etc.) at a time, with either 12 or 24 hour timeslots. Preferably 12.

180 / 2 / 2 = 45 days, if we do two players at a time, over 12 hour timeslots.

Himannv

International Coach
Auctioning multiple players at a time doesn't work cause we suck at money management as proven the last time around.

Eds

International Debutant
I reckon 150 players if we're not multi-auctioning then (preferably a pre-released list).

Would take two and a half months.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
If there is still room I would like to join as I had indicated to welldone in another thread.