• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
McCullum was in danger of producing a good innings, but gives it away.

Interesting conditions, it's spinning a lot but it is also coming onto the bat nicely too.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

So anyway what's the fuss about with Tiwary?

In IPL he just seems to try and build an innings, scores slowly and then tries to catch up and generally fails after the odd boundary.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Id be rioting in the stands if i'd paid to watch this runchase.

didn't see it but gambhirs knock must have been pretty impressive given the problems RCB seem to be having hitting the ball

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Id be rioting in the stands if i'd paid to watch this runchase.

didn't see it but gambhirs knock must have been pretty impressive given the problems RCB seem to be having hitting the ball
It was partly the bowling, the seamers were particularly ****house. There was a long hop every couple of overs - most of Gambhir's big shots were pulls.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
So anyway what's the fuss about with Tiwary?

In IPL he just seems to try and build an innings, scores slowly and then tries to catch up and generally fails after the odd boundary.
He is a overrated hack, who performed in 1 IPL and as a result hit a jackpot, both playing for India and getting a mega IPL contract.

He can hit it big from time to time, but his technique is poor tstl.

Edit - Presuming you are talking about Sourabh Tiwary here and not Manoj.

LegendaryProtea

School Boy/Girl Captain
So he picks on Tiwary but not Yusuf Pathan whose pretty dismal performances KKR payed 2.1 million for? If he's this critical of Manoj (who is a fairly reasonable batsman), I can't wait till he comes up against RCB and what he has to say about Vinay Kumar who is arguably the worst bowler to play international cricket for a major nation in a decade. What India and RCB see in him, I have absolutely no idea.

Not really, because he didn't tee-off until they needed 70 off 2 overs. If you bat through the innings, your team shouldn't be losing by around 50 runs, whoever you are.
That pitch was never a 190 wicket though. Maybe 155-160 tops but some rank RCB bowling let the total get out of hand. So it was pretty impossible from the get go and then they lose three wickets in pretty quick time with Saurabh Tiwary coming in who is a useless hack against the likes of Narine on a slow, turning track. What's the point in Gayle teeing off and risking getting out at that stage? They could have lost by 100 runs or so had he got out at that point. I think Gayle knew the target was already out of reach and just played sensibly with some late hits to limit the damage to the NRR, which could become crucial at the end of the round robin stages. I think he played the situation reasonably well .

Scaly piscine

FFS ITV why are you showing Touring Cars? Nobody cares.

Have to put up with ****ing 'great news' every 3 minutes on YouTube.