• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2012

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I did find it amusing the moaning that's going on about the one off T20 game between SA and India as it disrupts the IPL preparation. I think the franchises not only want a window for the Tournament but also 10 days or so before the IPL starts for training.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I did find it amusing the moaning that's going on about the one off T20 game between SA and India as it disrupts the IPL preparation. I think the franchises not only want a window for the Tournament but also 10 days or so before the IPL starts for training.
I really don't understand what is amusing about the moaning. The team owners have put in loads of money into it and performing well in IPL is the one way of making some of that money back. I would moan if I put in 300 million dollors and a tour for just 1 T20 is stuck in hindering training.

DingDong

State Captain
love watching a game in the afternoon when i get home the good thing is that there are a lot of international stars something the aus and kiwi competitions missed

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't understand why they can't just make like two groups of 5 teams, a bit like the 2003 WC style with super sixes. Every team playing every team takes forever.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't understand why they can't just make like two groups of 5 teams, a bit like the 2003 WC style with super sixes. Every team playing every team takes forever.
One of the main reasons they introduced new teams was so they could justify making the tournament longer, so splitting them into groups would defeat the purpose.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I have NFI why they don't try and have a few more matches on the weekends to move things along a bit. With big squads, surely fatigue shouldn't be an issue?

This tournament annoys me more than it should. It just feels like one big blur.
Travelling might be an issue.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
One of the main reasons they introduced new teams was so they could justify making the tournament longer, so splitting them into groups would defeat the purpose.
Yep. The franchises, sponsors etc. wanted more matches. It's unfortunate but that's the case.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
It'll be interesting to see how domestic TV figures and attendances do after India's rather wretched last year.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It'll be interesting to see how domestic TV figures and attendances do after India's rather wretched last year.
Attendances might be interesting but TV figures are a complete waste of time; mainly due to the Internet and the simple fact that the ratings have no ****ing idea how many people are sitting in front of the TV showing the Cricket.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
As much as fans dislike IPL, when it comes to TV viewership, the tournament competes with the TV soaps. And in that competition, it might still win.

pup11

International Coach
Can someone answer my question ffs. Will an injured player get paid if he misses out on all the matches?
No he doesn't, the franchise then has the option to bring in a replacement player for the same amount of money they spent on the injured player during the auction.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Chennai appear to have landed themselves a $2M lemon. It may hold them back this time. Mumbai, on the other hand, have made some very smart purchases, notably Dinesh Karthik, and have a strong domestic base. Strong title contenders this time.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Ishant Sharma is all set to miss IPL as he just got his surgery done and he will take 2-3 months to recover