• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congrats Sachin Tendulkar

BMJ

Banned
Sachin makes history is the greatest cricketer after Sir Donald Bradman a great chears to You Sachinnnnnnnn.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty happy he did against Banga in banga btw. Maybe we'll hear stories in 10-15 years about how Banga cricketers were inspired to take up cricket by this event. #ICanDream

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pretty happy he did against Banga in banga btw. Maybe we'll hear stories in 10-15 years about how Banga cricketers were inspired to take up cricket by this event. #ICanDream
Bangladesh doesnt have a dearth of people wanting to take up cricket ya bum.

uvelocity

International Coach
I feel sorry for cricket that it has come to this

all the trying and media hullaballoo over a stupid record, so many chances to win just one test match overseas in the last year (which would mean more imo) and to do it in a meaningless odi against a dud team - bleh.

no doubt has had the best batting career ever for me, but the chase for this record, the recent failures to achieve it, going back to playing ODI's and getting it against bangers here is just so blerg

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I feel sorry for cricket that it has come to this

all the trying and media hullaballoo over a stupid record, so many chances to win just one test match overseas in the last year (which would mean more imo) and to do it in a meaningless odi against a dud team - bleh.

no doubt has had the best batting career ever for me, but the chase for this record, the recent failures to achieve it, going back to playing ODI's and getting it against bangers here is just so blerg
Who cares? Just appreciate a good batsman. **** you see batsman like Nicol for NZ around and you realise "**** I'd rather watch this Sachin ****"

Spikey

the whole thing has been pretty great actually. never 4get. might make a "what was your favourite sachin innings between the 99th and 100th ton" thread

Burgey

Who cares? Just appreciate a good batsman. **** you see batsman like Nicol for NZ around and you realise "**** I'd rather watch this Sachin ****"
Quite enjoy watching Nichol. Doesn't take as long.

Also good to see a thread with a trollish opening post treated as it deserves.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The thing that actually bugs me about this 100 hundres nonsense is that it detracts from Tendulkar's ODI greatness.

That's his 49th ODI ton. Completing the top 5 are, off the top of my head, Ponting (30), Jayasuriya (25), Ganguly (23) and Herschelle Gibbs (22). That's just a ridiculous level of run getting.

uvelocity

International Coach
The thing that actually bugs me about this 100 hundres nonsense is that it detracts from Tendulkar's ODI greatness.
this. I totally rate him. but this has gotten more and more of a joke the longer it has gone on.

bet he does the ****ing press conf tonight too

Spikey

i think the thing that annoys the most about all this 'it's a made up stat' **** is that no-one's calling it a stat. We're calling it a historic landmark, which it is, we're calling it one time only thing, which it is, and all that sort of stuff, but we're not comparing it to frickin batting averages.

Spark

Global Moderator
There's not much arguing with the fact that it took on some elements of farce in the last few months. Especially when he began getting out in some decidedly odd manners (ramp shot to 3rd man, bunted full toss etc etc).

As for the thread - trolling to a minimum, please.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
WAG!! What A Legend!

Completes his set of ODI centuries, getting one against the Bangers as well.

morgieb

Well it's about time!

Sachin though, WAG! Him and Dravid are a bunch of legends within a pile of ****s.

Daemon

Admitted the media pressure got to him, and a burden has been lifted from him now. Good to hear.