• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congrats Sachin Tendulkar

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This had turned into a joke. Now that it's behind, I wish Tendulkar has another year of fabulous batsmanship. Unfortunately, no overseas tests in next year. Getting some big scores overseas would've been great before bowing out.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Tendulkar speaks: "It's been a tough phase for me. I started off the season batting reasonably well, i was luckless. I was not thinking about the milestone, the media started all this, where ever I went, the restaurant, room service, everyone was talking about the 100th hundred. Nobody talked about my 99 hundreds. It was slightly different, the ball was not coming onto the bat. It hasn't sunk in but I've definitely lost about 50 kilos. Doesn't matter how many hundreds you've scored, you still have to put your head down and score for the team. Dreams do come true. I had to wait for one for 22 years (the World Cup)."
Legend.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They just showed the list of international hundreds of the leading players.

It is staggering how far ahead he is of everyone else. He has played a ridiculous amount of cricket. Gotta be the most durable cricketer of all time.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Well done to him.

Interesting to see all the cricket sites run their 100th hundred features they've had in store for a year.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Thought: If Tendulkar suddenly goes on another 2010-style run of tons, will people take that as proof that the hype over the landmark really was getting to him?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Thought: If Tendulkar suddenly goes on another 2010-style run of tons, will people take that as proof that the hype over the landmark really was getting to him?
Haha yeah, and if he doesn't they'll take that as a proof that he was desparately dragging along for the 100th 100.

Spark

Global Moderator
You mean the way he batted over the past month wasn't?

He basically admitted as much today.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, but you can't add Test and ODI stats and...meh, **** it. 'Played Sachin. A credit to the game. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
He openly said the media pressure was getting to him today.

R_D

International Debutant
Sachin so far ahead of the competition.... Ponting second with measly 71 centuries to his name....

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
It was pretty clear that it was tbf, and in anycase it would be impossible for it not too.

Also in the interview today, he pretty much admitted it. Someone posted it above.

Ruckus

International Captain
Sachin so far ahead of the competition.... Ponting second with measly 71 centuries to his name....
In and of itself, it's a very impressive achievement. But used as a comparison with other players of a similar calibre, I don't find it very meaningful. It's like yeah he has scored 29 more international tons than Ponting, but that's, by and large, just because he has played an extra 100 matches. So there isn't much point in saying 'he is so far ahead of the competition' with respect to that imo, because that implies there is some kind of a contest for how many matches a player is involved in (which there obviously isn't).