• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
go the aussies

can india win the games that count or what!

na well done to india on tour, but unfortunately we where to good on the day.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
This is a disastrous end to a good series.

All this talk of a great batting lineup goes down the rain if they don't bowl well. They bowled rubbish yet again. It does not matter how good or bad their batting is, even if they have seven batsmen. They will never win ODI tournaments unless there is a big improvement in the bowling. The fast bowlers were disappointing. The spinners, India's bowling strength, were under-used and treated like also-rans.

Perhaps the tour of Pakistan will see more wickets and a lot less in between. That way, their batsmen will be under a lot less pressure.

I have to ask, will a fielding coach improve their on-field performances?

Ravi Shastri said that they lost it at Perth, when they batted first. These experts have forgotten about the match-losing bowling.

Slow Love™ said:
I honestly can't see the point of just indulging in batting practise out there - maybe they're trying to avoid the biggest losing margin ever... The commentators made some noise about that on channel 9, but didn't tell us what that margin was.
It is 256, inflicted on Namibia by Australia in the WC last year. Australia made 301 with Boof taking the last over of the innings to pieces (26 runs I think), and Namibia knocked off for a classy 45 (McGrath 7/15)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, I won't blame the batsmen at all. The bowlersgave away the match. The Indians have lost so many ODI finals, but then, would things be better with quality bowling?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like the 'Drop Ganguly gang' is right. He can't even field!

Even someone named Reetinder Singh Sodhi would be a better choice.

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
something good coming out this match.

indian tail can finally bat...agrkar,pathan,kartik,nehra(balaji can bat a bit too) WOW

when was last time this happened

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
They can bat, but under pressure, they're TARGETS. Remember Melbourne? Remember Kolkata? Remember Mumbai? All these matches could have been won had the tail got runs. But they didn't. Hopefully they will. So far, they're always doing their work after the damage is done.

I just did a bit of homework.

Australia in the finals: 8/582
India in the finals: 20/373

It makes an interesting point, doesn't it? No India, you can't touch us with a 40-foot pole.

Now get out of the country and come back when you can handle the heat in the kitchen.

Come on, England played better than this.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, it's all about yorkers in the final overs. That is something the Indians will need to practice. A lot.

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dravid is just classic Test Player , i am really sorry to see him being made to play ODIs. i knew he was going to struglle in this pressure match of chasing runs.

my ideal team would have been

schewag
yuvraj
laxman
tendulkar
badani/gavaskar
patel
agarkar
pathan
kartik
nehra
balaji/gavaskar

harry674[/i] [b]and btw iam sick of seeing those replays where were the replays when hayden was out 3 times today.[/b][/quote] [quote][i]Originally posted by harry674[/i] [b] I TOLD U GUYS INDIA 151 ALL OUT IN BEGINING.[/b][/quote][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by harry674 said:
I said in begining if gang and dravid let gavaskar and patel play india had better chances.
Wow, that's great. Do you want a freakin' medal? Because I guarantee you, noone cares to a point where any more than an eyebrow is tickled. Congratulations. I suppose it makes up for the tons of stupid things you say, and believe me, there's enough of them to give Australia a 208 run hiding.

Can you predict the next time Hayden will be correctly given not out and you will mouth off about it to the point where you look like more of an idiot than you probably are?

Last edited:

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I don't think it's by chance that Australia have scored 359 in two recent finals. They just have this way of rising to the big games, and no one, not even a team with some of the best batsman in the world, can stop them.
India were just completely and utterly outplayed today, and hey I ain't complaining!! ;)

Just to add, after reading the pages and pages of Indian sorrow in this thread, you guys certainly jump onto the backs of the players and bring them down.

Look what happened with Martyn and Lee. The media were harping on about how they should be dropped, ect. Then, when it really matters they produce what they did today. I was so stoked for Martyn like you wouldn't beleive today, and the same thing can happen for Sachin and Ganguly and whoever. Arn't you ashamed of the way you treat the players??!

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
About that team, it's bad enough their bowlers are so weak, but Yuvraj Opening? He's not up to the mark against quality fast bowling! He can't even play spin. I'm surprised he has had a more or less permanent place in the team.

Patel's nothing spectacular. I'd settle for Nayan Mongia and no one else.

Nehra should not get another international match unless he improves his batting and fielding.

Agarkar's no different from the newcomers. If you want experience, recall Venkatesh Prasad.

Badani won't last long with running between wickets as bad as this. Gavaskar also offers a bowling option- not just one of those silly 3-over spells, but 10 full overs can be completed. He should be used as a regular bowler in Tests and ODI's.

Karthik's not been in ood form and he's also quite an aggressive bowler, who always attacks even when defensive fields are set. He has to be more patient and bowl slower. His batting is decent and he can improve.

Dravid is also good for ODI's, but he can't hit all that hard. In fact, even his fastest 50, was in 22 balls. He can score quickly when needed and can get a lot between wickets.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Just to add, after reading the pages and pages of Indian sorrow in this thread, you guys certainly jump onto the backs of the players and bring them down.

Look what happened with Martyn and Lee. The media were harping on about how they should be dropped, ect. Then, when it really matters they produce what they did today. I was so stoked for Martyn like you wouldn't beleive today, and the same thing can happen for Sachin and Ganguly and whoever. Arn't you ashamed of the way you treat the players??!
How on earth can anyone excuse defeat after defeat after defeat? You look at another cricketing lesson handed out, does that not show that they're bad learners? Besides, they've not won an ODI series in more than a year, have they?