• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

masterblaster

International Captain
The Indian VB Squad surely does look interesting.

Yuvraj, Kaif and Badani no doubt add another dimension to this squad with their versatility with bat and in the field. Plus Badani and Yuvraj are more than capable slow left arm spinners.

I would see no problem in Rahul Dravid wicketkeeping in games against Australia, and for some games against Zimbabwe which are non-pressure games, India should experiment with players such as Parthiv Patel to keep him fresh and focussed and on the ball.

India's fast bowling department looks weak, with the exception of Ajit Agarkar who is a very good ODI bowler. Ashish Nehra is just about the worst overall cricketer in the world at the moment and is just too horrible a fielder to play ODI Cricket.

Irfan Pathan looks solid whilst batting, and solid whilst bowling and solid whilst fielding, so I hope he gets a good series. Murali Kartik, I would hope plays as many games as possible too as he has the makings of a top ODI bowler, now that Harbhajan is out for 6 months.

Overall, a good solid squad, but as always with one or two weaknesses.

amits

Banned
i am shocked to c that gambhir and bhandari, who had a very good kenstar tournament havent been selected in the team. y india have gone with balaji in the series is a mystery.

bhandari, would have been very useful in aus and gambhir, would have given india a solid start in the odis along with sehwag.

as for one-days, y is parthiv being included over and over again in the odis. parthiv, is a very good keeper in tests and also better than gilchrist in tests and i will take him over anyone else in tests. he has also improved in keeping and doesnt concede too many byes now and looks solid with the bat.

for odis, i will go with ratra as keeper as ratra can score runs quickly. parthiv is a stayer at the wicket and ratra is more of a slogger, more required from an odi-wicket keeper.

also :( to c zaheer and harbhajan injured. hopefully aggy will bowl aus out cheaply.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
amits said:
parthiv, is a very good keeper in tests and also better than gilchrist in tests and i will take him over anyone else in tests.
As a keeper he is good, but he is so blatantly not as good as Anthony McGrath - easily the best person to keep wicket during an International in 2003.

Craig

World Traveller
In terms of 'keeping ability you mean in regards to Parthiv? Patel is considered by John Wright as a future opening batsman.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Zimbabwe are whipping Australia A at the moment - probably something to do with winning the toss and batting in the sun, but still :) Carlisle scoring 100* as Zim set 240, then Aus A collapsed to 60/5 and Zim have had some pretty good chances still(Vermeulen dropped a sitter at second slip for example)

Matt Clarke out for 8 :P

Amazingly, Heath Streak is without a wicket, and they still have 5 :)

Shows that Zim are continuing on the fine form they showed against WI and are not to be completely out of this tri-series yet.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
*MJ Clarke c Taibu b Hondo 8

A stain on the halo, perhaps?

A bit of a pitiful effort given that they deserve Test status, eh?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
amits said:
parthiv, is a very good keeper in tests and also better than gilchrist in tests and i will take him over anyone else in tests.
Further proof that Ratra is a legend.

MZ_RPFC

Cricket Spectator
Tait and Griffith batted very well for the last wicket partnership. Putting on over 50 runs, Giving Australia A a good chance in winning. Ended up being a good match. Zimbabwe winning by 9 runs.

MZ_RPFC

Cricket Spectator
Lol yeah.

Trying to hit into the stands 1st ball. Gets caught on the boundry 1st ball.

Very Stupid.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Michael:saint: scored a brilliant and well-fought 8.:lol:

It was a very good match to watch though, the crowd were right into it and the Zimbabweans were alot of fun, hehe.

And did you see the two screaming catches???!:O Clarke's and Blignauts were BRILLIANT!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
**VB Series** Offical Thread

The VB series is starting tomorrow.. who do you think will win? what are the teams going to be? Predictions.. please!

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Since the first match starts in less than 24 hours this should be topped. ;)

I'm going to be there tomorrow and I'm hoping India can carry the obvious confidence they should take from the test series into the VB series. I was disappointed the way India played in the Boxing Day test at the MCG and I was there for the first 4 days, so I'm hoping I can see them beat Australia tomorrow. It should be a great game. :)

After Zimbabwe's performance yesterday I'm starting to think that this series final is already decided. I don't understand why they didn't bring Pakistan here again like they did in the 1999/2000 series because with the form both India and Pakistan are in currently, it would of been one hell of a tri series. I hope Zimbabwe can be competitive.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That one is clogged with mindless junk from 2 months ago, you know... when the Aussies thought they had both the test and one day series wrapped up before it even started.

Jono said:
After Zimbabwe's performance yesterday I'm starting to think that this series final is already decided.
Be nice, they were up against Michael Clarke after all.

And don`t forget Marcus North.

Oh dear how I wish I were back in Australia.