• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Choora said:
Lee bowled beautifully, someone here was saying that Lee would soon become a laughing stock, Lee is not that bad a bowler.
In ODI's, there should never have been a question as to his ability.

In Test's, it's a different matter.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Jono said:
I'm hoping they can pull a win in Sydney and allow for a third final, it would be justice to the fans and both teams IMO.
Not sure how it can be called justice with Aus wining 4 of the 5 meetings so far...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
haha India just had no answers to the aussie pace attack... it was finny to watch, than see Ponting rip the indian attack apart :)

it was also good to see Agarkar get some runs, though when bowling he really did look a little jaded

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
HA! Take that India! Great performance by Australia in all aspects.

I was impressed by Ponting in particular. (And im not always. Ive been annoyed this series at his continuous starts without going on with it.) His captaincy was excellent. I don't think anyone doubts his leadership anymore, especially after the way he did it today. All the right moves at the right times.

Slow Love™

International Captain
I listened to the latter half of this game on ABC radio, and although I know the conclusion was probably one of the most boring this summer, I was annoyed at the tendency Jim Maxwell, Greg Chappell et al had to redefine the entire Indian tour as a failure on the basis of their last couple of one-day games. Also, being bored during this game was no excuse for dismissing the tournament this year as boring, when in reality, we've had more cracker games this summer in the one-day series than usual.

They also kept harping on how useless Zimbabwe were, and how the competition would have been better served had Zim played just a couple of games against Australia immediately after their test series, and Australia and India had just played a best of seven one-day series right now, rather than the whole VB series triangular thing.

This really irritated me, because although Zimbabwe have a lot of room for improvement (duh), they came perilously close to beating India twice in this tournament, and once seriously threatened Australia. I get tired of all the minnow bashing that takes place, particularly when Zim's tour of Australia, considering where they sit in world cricket, has actually been reasonably competitive.

These teams will not improve if we refuse to involve them in competitions like the VB series. People made similar claims of irrelevancy when Sri Lanka came out to Australia and won only one game in the triangulars. Not very long after, they won a World Cup.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jim Maxwell described the Indian tour as a failure and boring? Gee I wonder what they thought of India's tour in 1999/2000.

Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney all held great ODI matches which came right down to the wire. I wouldn't call any of those matches boring.

Linda

It was good to see Lee back up his effort in Perth with another great game, that shows it wasnt ALL the pitch.

And when someone didnt get dismissed, I let out a huge sigh of relief. Did you hear it in Melbourne?!:lol: :saint:

Ponting has picked up a Waugh attribute. In the Boxing Day Test I think it was, Waugh put in Hayden at like 3rd slip, and then few balls later he takes a catch there. Same thing happened yesterday with Ponting putting in Hayden at 1st. Thats what I call being infront of play.

I wonder what will happen if Ganguly wins the toss in Sydney?!

Choora

State Regular
I like Balaji and feel he's a good young prospect (plus I've met him :D) [/B]

A view shared by me,but untill now it was a big secret on this website:saint:

Someone said that Tendulkar should be thown out of Indian team, mate Tendulkar is still the best batsmen in the world.He might not have done well( by his own high standard)in this tour ,but i'm confident that he will bounce back!

biased indian

International Coach
Team winning toss will win 2marrow no doubt.

and by the by if india loose 2marrow.this will be my final posting in this site :( :( :( :(

Choora said:
Someone said that Tendulkar should be thown out of Indian team, mate Tendulkar is still the best batsmen in the world.He might not have done well( by his own high standard)in this tour ,but i'm confident that he will bounce back!
He hasn't really done well by any batsman's standards.

Originally posted by koch_cha
and by the by if india loose 2marrow.this will be my final posting in this site
Get real buddy, I've said much better stuff than you and I'm still here. :D

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
Drastic measures needed by india

1)try to get gilchrist out within first three overs

2)india batting lineup

schewag
yuvraj
laxman
tendulakar
gangulys(it is better if he sacrfices last two games and let gavaskar or bhandari play instead of him)
badani
agarkar
pathan
balaji
kumble/bhanadari/kartik

i noticed in last game tendulakar slowed schewag down and same happened with laxman who was batting with dravid.hence the batting lineup above.

Mr. P

harry674 said:
Drastic measures needed by india

1)try to get gilchrist out within first three overs

2)india batting lineup

schewag
yuvraj
laxman
tendulakar
gangulys(it is better if he sacrfices last two games and let gavaskar or bhandari play instead of him)
badani
agarkar
pathan
balaji
kumble/bhanadari/kartik

i noticed in last game tendulakar slowed schewag down and same happened with laxman who was batting with dravid.hence the batting lineup above.
and heres me thinking Dravid could play a bit of cricket. Guess i was wrong.:rolleyes:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Agarkar and Kumble are out. Nehra and Kartik in. Our weak bowling line up just got weaker. :-/

Prove me wrong Nehra, please. :(

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Phewwwwwwwwww :( :( :(

Australia is off to a flying start. 7 overs 49 for no loss.

Agarkar is missed, no one can slide the ball low, at the stumps like he does!