• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

abe

Cricket Spectator
Oh well, that was fun while it lasted :) Agarkar c Lee b Clarke 53

I have no idea how Badani's gotten to 42, he's looked unconvincing (being diplomatic :) ) the whole time he's been out there.

Sorry but someone had to rain on Agarkar's parade. :lol:

It was a great innings and I loved watching it, but when Clarke came on to bowl, enough was enough. Ponting decided Agarkar had to go. ;)

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
Gnaguly has lost it! he dint even bother to cover pathans throw.

pathetic batting. aweful running between wickets.he should go out of the team and make room for gavaskar.

Last edited:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Totally outplayed and down and out for me is the Indian team. Good to see AA batting well against a team other than England:lol:

Eclipse

International Debutant
harry674 said:
get rid of dravid too...better suited for playing test matches.

sloppy wickt keeping, bring patel in.
Patel unfortunatly is not much better than Dravid with the gloves.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just got back from the MCG, obviously as an Indian supporter I'm quite disappointed but considering just yesterday I got to meet the Indian team, and today my Sachin Tendulkar memorabilia bat arrived in the mail, I'm in quite a good mood. :)

What was crucial was Sachin and Sehwag going out cheaply, plus taking up overs. Compare this to Hayden and Gilchrist going out early in the 1st ODI in Melbourne. Sure they went out, but 30 - 50 runs were on the board at about 6-7 RPO. This is the different sometimes. Gilchrist will get a quick 30 or 40, haul out and allow the middle order to settle and post a large total. Once Sachin went out, Laxman and Dravid tried to consolidate while not letting the run rate drop to low. In the end it just all went down hill once Laxman was caught. :(

When India were 6/75 I was pretty down, because I don't mind my team losing but when they looked like they were going to be all out for 100, it was going to be embarassing. I went to get a pass out because I had to leave my mum (who had had enough of the cricket and wanted to go shopping :P) at the gate. As I was just outside the MCG I heard two huge roars. Disappointed I figured both Bangar and Agarkar were out and the end was near. As I got back to my seats my dad yells "TWO SIXES!!!" I was surprised, and began to smile. Agit did me proud today, and even the Australian fans were happy where I was sitting. At least a respectable total was on the board.

Pathan's run out was crucial. I think India could of got to 250 and made more of a game of it and here's why. When I was at the Indian training session on Thursday, after every single Indian player had gone back to the dressing room, John Wright was in the nets bowling (or rather throwing it) to Pathan to allow him to practice batting. While I was at that session Pathan batted really well, and as I was going to get an autograph and photo from Laxman, he was laughing with Pathan while complimenting him at the huge shots he was playing. Pathan was batting well in my opinion until the unfortunate run out.

I was surprised that Pathan didn't open the bowling. I like Balaji and feel he's a good young prospect (plus I've met him :D) but Pathan is growing on me and I believe Agarkar + Pathan opening should of been the way to go. Then again Balaji did get 3 wickets, but I feel the way him and Agarkar bowled to Gilly put the match away and it was all to late once Gilly was caught.

In the end India just weren't good enough, it's no secret that Australia are a better team, and I won't deny that. India can beat Australia, but not on a consistent basis. Not yet anyway. In a few years time who knows what will happen.

It's been a "cricket packed" 2 days for me, meeting the team and then watching them play, and even though India lost today I don't think I've had as much fun and excitement watching cricket here in Australia ever. I'm hoping they can pull a win in Sydney and allow for a third final, it would be justice to the fans and both teams IMO.

Last edited:

abe

Cricket Spectator
India outplayed, no doubt about it. What is worse is that they had a 'preview' of new Australians tactics at Perth yet the top order still collapsed and didn't really have an answer (Laxman had the right idea, though failed when he tried to force an offside shot). Surely they didn't just rely on Australia not even trying what worked at Perth due to less bounce at the MCG.

The Australian victory was great, don't get me wrong, but I do hope India put up a better fight in Sydney.....if only to have the deciding final in Brisbane :D

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^ Lol I have a friend in Brisbane that feels the same as you. Even though he's an Aussie supporter, he's hoping for a win by India in Sydney just so he can go to the third final. I hope that happens :D

jagaways

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
WHATS GOING ON??! sachin decides to throw away his form for the finals?! he didn't even loooook like he could possibly hit a boundary the way he was batting. anything short..he was just back and defensive. there was no movement in the pitch and the bounce was even and true...why didn't he use his pull shot and blast the bowlers around the park?! ah well..if he doesn't get his act together, then this is gonna b a walk in the park for australia. yuvraj and laxman are the only indian players who seem to be in some form, and sehwag is his usual self...badani played crap cricket and got lucky, and AA at last scored some runs. lets hope for a better performance at the SCG ...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I too felt Sachin didn't seem him self today. I was very nervous while watching him bat, when in contrast to the first VB series game here in Melbourne, he was on absolute fire and looked like he was definitely going to get his 100 before Ponting took that awesome catch. I think what may help Sachin is if Sehwag can strike some form and get some runs on the other end. If Sehwag can get blazing in the first 5 overs, it will benefit Sachin.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Good win by the Aussies although the 5th bowler option needs to be looked at I think......Agarkar should not have made that many runs! And besides, one does wonder where 'mental scars' of perth gave the Indian batsmen a loss of confidence!

Never the less, if India's bowlers can fire up again, it will make the second final something to watch.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Tendulkar is a far cry from the player he was in the mid-90s. He used to be a very aggressive player. He was never scared of taking the aerial route and hitting the ball for six. Nowadays, it's very rare to see him hit a six. He has lost a lot of aggression. And his career strike rate (even if it's still high) has gone down. I remember a time when it use to be around 89.

I want the old sachin back.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
oh and lol yesterday's match! I saw till around 20 overs and shut the TV off as soon as Yuvraj got out. I didn't expect India to score 222. Well done Badani and Agarkar! And well done to the Aussie bowlers

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I think Sachin Tendulkar should retire or he should be kicked out of the team. Of late he has become a pain and a major distraction for this Indian team which is trying to build a team for the future.